Suggest compact system - budget 10K [for my friend]

rohitmusic

Hello Friends,
One of my friend need a mini compact system for his mom. It needs to be compact and easy to use with support for CD and MP3s.

Here is the requirements in his own words:

I would like to buy:
A CD player with radio and the following features:
* It should be small, so that I can use it at my bedside.
* It should have a headphone jack.
* It should have a battery backup.
* It should be able to save radio channels.
* Auto switch off

Budget is around 10K

Please kindly suggest.

with battery backup..hard to find system these days..

by the way I like your signature..

With battery backup is nice to have. Without should also do as it is going to be used in house only.

* For signature the credit goes to our dear member Thad! :)

Thanks!

Please also feel free to suggest any compact system within 10K without above constraints, would like to evaluate those as well.

So, reframing the query to get more responses and options:
What is the best compact system for 10K. [Not this needs to be used by elderly person hence compactness is a priority than audiophile qualities, good sound is a plus.]

There should be some available from Philips, what are known as 2-in1's or boom boxes. These would be typically 3K onwards. I had one from a company called GPX bought in the USA which lasted many years. Though I would be wary of playing my favourite CDs on any of these for fear of them getting spoilt.

There should be some available from Philips, what are known as 2-in1's or boom boxes. These would be typically 3K onwards. I had one from a company called GPX bought in the USA which lasted many years. Though I would be wary of playing my favourite CDs on any of these for fear of them getting spoilt.

Thanks!
Yes, we are currently exploring these local options.
We just thought to ask if anything in audiophile grade that could be achieved in this budget :)

thanks again,
cheers!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back