Suggest good bookshelf speakers for music

amanker

Friends,
Please suggest good bookshelf speakers purely for stereo music listening. Mostly I will play vinyl records (Old Hindi Movies) and may be sometimes through online streaming or high quality local music files. In future I will add a tube amp also so that should also be considered.

Budget 30-35K or lower. If its a good deal and worth buying than I may extend the budget.
amp is Pioneer a88x (120W+120W)
whats your opinon on Monitor Audio 100?

Which monitor audio 100 are u referring to? Silver 100? Not sure if u will get it in your stated budget.
At that price point Qacoustic concept 20 is a great option.

I am referring to these speakers.

good choice.. also have a look at these

difference between wharfedale 11.1 and 11.2?
I selected Monitor audio 100 over Wharfedale due to its bigger speaker and cabinet. But dont know about sound quality difference.

If you will consider used speakers, than you can checkout B&W DM602-S3 at around that price range.

Or a pair of Zensor 3, which one of my friend is looking to sale, will be a good choice.

These speakers have bigger woofer (7") which gives the fullness to the overall music.

Last edited:
If you will consider used speakers, than you can checkout B&W DM602-S3 at around that price range.

Or a pair of Zensor 3, which one of my friend is looking to sale, will be a good choice.

These speakers have bigger woofer (7") which gives the fullness to the overall music.

I am happy with used ones also. My first preference was 3 way vintage speakers in good shape and condition, but I couldn't find one.
How much he is asking for? And I live at Bikaner, Rajasthan, can he courier that?

I am happy with used ones also. My first preference was 3 way vintage speakers in good shape and condition, but I couldn't find one.
How much he is asking for? And I live at Bikaner, Rajasthan, can he courier that?
I recently bought Dali Obenar1 , though I tried monitor audio 100 and Wharfedale. But it’s clarity and vocal is mind blowing. It would cost you around 33k from AV store. I have paired with The audiolab 6000A for mostly Vinylvintage and cassette deck.

Old Hindi movies = Vintage/DIY full range speakers.

You are lucky to have focused musical preference. You don’t need modern speakers/multiple drivers. There‘s not much bass anyway in these recordings. Modern BS speakers won’t do be justice, not at that price point. What you need is magical mids and sparkly highs producing a focused image that you can get lost in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends,
Please suggest good bookshelf speakers purely for stereo music listening. Mostly I will play vinyl records (Old Hindi Movies) and may be sometimes through online streaming or high quality local music files. In future I will add a tube amp also so that should also be considered.
You can also look at PSB Alpha P5 speakers, they’re known to have a good balance.

Checkout Sonodyne Sonus 3260 , you may like it. Made In India product.

Can consider Q Acoustics 3020i , Tangent Spectrum X5 , PSB Alpha B1 etc. as well.

+1 for Q A 3020i and psb p5. Also consider mission lx2s great speakers, incredible value IMHO.

I have a Marantz PM5005 amp and am looking for suitable speakers in the similar range (<25k). Out of QA 3020i and Mission LX-2, what is the comparison like?

Out of the two 3020i would be my first pick but lx2s are not bad at all. Lx2s are cheaper,so if budget is not a constraint go for 3020i available at Amazon for 25k.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back