Suggest Integrated Amplifier

prepress

Dear Friends,

I am using Yamaha A-S500 now and want to upgrade it.
My requirement are:

Type : Integrated (use 90% Music)
Color : Black
Width : Standard 17.126" (435mm)
Depth : 15.5" (maximum)
Features : Subwoofer Out (Not much important: Pre Out, with remote)
RMS Wattage : More than 85W, 100+ @8 ohms
Budget : Under 45K

Please suggest, also should I really upgrade it? I was thinking to go for pre-power but I guess that would be much expensive and not sure about there will be a huge difference in Integrated and Pre-Power combination.
If we spend more for Pre-Power, are they worth according to price (above 100K)? or Integrated will be best choice?

Thanks

Thanks Mickey, I will upgrade my speakers too, but I am thinking to upgrade Amplifier first.

What do you suggest, should I go for speakers first or Amp. (I want to change both).

Thanks Mickey, I will upgrade my speakers too, but I am thinking to upgrade Amplifier first.

What do you suggest, should I go for speakers first or Amp. (I want to change both).

Yamaha A-S500 is good amplifier. +1 to suggestions from metalmickey and corelement to change the speakers. If required amplifier shall be changed later.

I suggest to start a separate thread, giving the budget,room space, music genres preferred etc., to identify a suitable bookshelf or floorstanding speakers.

Even I own as 500 paired with wharfadale diamond 8.2 3 way speakers with 6 ohms impedance. After adding MJ Acoustic reference 100 subwoofer it sounded fantastic with full tone. Will the sound improve with 8 ohms speakers. Which one will go well with it? Any suggestions

prepress, The Yamaha As500 is very good compared to the previous Yamaha's in the same range.
Hence upgrade the speakers first as also suggested by others.
I have paired it with Jamo and Dali.

Wow.... this thread became alive. :D

You guys are replying on my 7 years old post. Friends, after that lot of things has been changed.

Oh sorry about that.
Just saw the last thread was today and so posted.
Suggest you close the thread if possible.
Cheers.

Wow.... this thread became alive. :D

You guys are replying on my 7 years old post. Friends, after that lot of things has been changed.
Please elaborate your 7 years audio journey then!;)
Let us know your current set up!

Last edited:
Back