Suggest me abest plasma tv in india

dheeraj

Hi,

I am planning to buy plasma tv, Size 42'' preferable (upto 50'' is OK), Budget below 60k.
Please someone suggest me best model.

Thanks in advance.

ya..UT 42 shd be in your range..
i suggest go for 50 sacrifising resolution...dont mattter..
but 50 inch vs 42 matters..
try demo XT 50 inchers...panasonic..same range..
also 490 samsung 50 inchers..same range..

maybe new series has/will come from sammy and pana botrh...

panasonic 42UT50.............nothing less!!! If you want something cheaper then look at the new Samsung 2013 models. If Panasonic nothing less than UT50.

Hi Dheeraj,
I would like to suggest you for Panasonic TH-P42XT50 42" Plasma TV, Panasonic TH-P50XT50 50" Plasma TV models. One is within the budget and another one is more in some thousands.

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable replies. I want know one thing.
Which is latest version of panasonic XT or UT.
The UT series 42'' inch plasma not available in well known online stores, Is this old model?

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable replies. I want know one thing.
Which is latest version of panasonic XT or UT.
The UT series 42'' inch plasma not available in well known online stores, Is this old model?
XT50 is the HD-Ready 720p model whereas UT50 is the full-HD 1080p model, i.e., UT is the higher model. In the 2012 Panasonic plasma lineup, the ascending order is:

X50 >> XT50 >> UT50 >> ST50 >> GT50 >> VT50.

Hope this clarifies.

XT50 is the HD-Ready 720p model whereas UT50 is the full-HD 1080p model, i.e., UT is the higher model. In the 2012 Panasonic plasma lineup, the ascending order is:

X50 >> XT50 >> UT50 >> ST50 >> GT50 >> VT50.

Hope this clarifies.

just4kix, should the symbol(s) be the other way '<<', just my thought

For information plasma lovers, in and around pune, I happened to go to east street area of pune today, and there is a panasonic exclusive showroom just opposite to Huns electronics / maharashtra electronics, I wascurious to see pana plasma st50, so bumped into the showroom and could see the 42 incher on display. Yes pic quality was amazing... Was kept side by side to et50 led and xt 50...
Anyways wanted to inform that st 50 and ut50 is available in that showroom...in 42 and 50 incher...newbrand piece...available on order ...
Thought of informing , as I am reading that theae tv models are not available in the market...and the guy is ready to negotiate..

Last edited:
For information plasma lovers, in and around pune, I happened to go to east street area of pune today, and there is a panasonic exclusive showroom just opposite to Huns electronics / maharashtra electronics, I wascurious to see pana plasma st50, so bumped into the showroom and could see the 42 incher on display. Yes pic quality was amazing... Was kept side by side to et50 led and xt 50...
Anyways wanted to inform that st 50 and ut50 is available in that showroom...in 42 and 50 incher...newbrand piece...available on order ...
Thought of informing , as I am reading that theae tv models are not available in the market...and the guy is ready to negotiate..

Intersting!! you wouldnt have his contact number by any chance! this brand shop is not listed on panasonic website as of now

Regards

Intersting!! you wouldnt have his contact number by any chance! this brand shop is not listed on panasonic website as of now

Regards

I dont, I should have taken that, but ...

You can try getting it from Just dial Pune ... But I asked him about whether he will deliver it outside Pune, but he said he may not ...

please avoid Panasonic X/XT and Lg 4500. You might want to also have a look at Samsung 43F4900 from the 2013 line up for 43k or even Samsung 43E490 if available, both very good plasma's.

Panasonic Brand shop prices will always be on the higher side, so you really need to bargain a lot. The showroom manager is a nice gentleman and very helpful. Last time I visited, they had the XT, UT, ST lined up side by side........perfect to compare.

please avoid Panasonic X/XT and Lg 4500. You might want to also have a look at Samsung 43F4900 from the 2013 line up for 43k or even Samsung 43E490 if available, both very good plasma's.

Any specific reason for avoiding Panny X series. I recently saw 42X ~45k & Sammy 43F4900 ~44k, next to each other. The Panny felt better. Samsung had a pinkish cast over the picture. Of course this was as-is in the shop. The content was a saas-bahu serial on HD channel.
I was slightly surprised as the Panasonic was last years model and the Samsung is fresh off the line.

Other than the Samsungs being cheaper, I, for one, do not find that the Panasonic X/XT series to be inferior.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back