Suggest me good Integrated amplifiers for my Digital Music?

DesiAudiophile

Hello members,
I love to be in this audiophile family. I've been gaining a lot of knowledge just by browsing this site and it's been a wonderful experience. FM's are really knowledgeable and supportive. I get help from random members in PM too which amazes me by how much passion people have when listening to music. Now, I'm on my 1st HiFi stereo experience and my source is purely digital music from laptop which has over 100 Gigs of Lossless music in 24-bit/96,000Hz format FLAC files. Now i need your suggestions on how to make a good purchase of my 1st amp, which to buy and what to expect. Help me, I'm lost and confused.

I need suggestions on a integrated amplifier that has an in-built DAC, Wireless streaming from phone or even laptop , Can play TV audio output to the speakers in case i wish to switch to a home theater setup.These are my main criteria. Side optional criteria are Sub-woofer output, Enough power to drive FS speakers set (I'm gonna get a BS speakers just for now and wish to upgrade to FS speakers later), phono input in-case i buy to turntable to listen to vinyls,Enough outputs to drive a 5.1 speaker sets in-case if i wish to switch to a home theater setup.

If my criteria is ridiculous, sorry I'm still new to this audiophile world and please guide me in getting my first stereo system

Suggest me suitable int. amps please
DA

Hi

Look at Marantz.....HiFi Mart has a good 10% off deal...else audition first other brands with local dealers with your kind of music n decide

Hi, you need to decide if you need a Stereo amp i.e. integrated amp or an AV Receiver. If music is your priority which seems so since you have a pretty good collection you are better off with a Stereo amp which sounds much better than an AVR twice it's price. Suggest you mention your planned budget, which speakers you have in mind, your type of music etc so that FMs can give a better idea. However both Marantz and Wharfedale are being sold under discount and you can seriously consider them. Particularly Marantz, they are damn good and built well.

Another suggestion is not to buy something today with an idea to upgrade in a short time. Best option would be to spend a bit higher and get something you really like. They should be with you atleast for 3/4 years. Else the upgrade itch will prove costly.

Sent thru mobile

I need suggestions on a integrated amplifier that has an in-built DAC, Wireless streaming from phone or even laptop , Can play TV audio output to the speakers in case i wish to switch to a home theater setup.These are my main criteria.
Enough outputs to drive a 5.1 speaker sets in-case if i wish to switch to a home theater setup.

You seem to be unclear about the definitions of integrated amplifier and AVR

Amplifiers are for 2 channel sound (most of the time)
Some higher end amplifier have a sub out, but most stereo amplifiers don't. And assuming you are looking at entry level models, you only have 2.0 outputs

The traditional stereo amplifiers - Marantz, NAD, Cambridge Audio - usually have only analog inputs or at max a USB input. While all LCDs only have optical (digital) out. So you cant connect a TV to a stereo amplifier directly. You will have to use a DAC or some other in between
No Bluetooth or wifi either

However, most AVRs come with all the features you want - 5.1 output, optical/digital in, Wifi and Bluetooth support, enough power to drive floor standers etc
So if you want all those things and have limited funds, pick an AVR directly. It is more expensive than entry level stereo amplifier, so you have to increase budget. You can start with 2.0 and then add more speakers/subwoofer when you can

Also, if for some reason you want a stereo amplifier only, you have to look at newer age amplifiers like NAD D3020 or Cambridge Audio CXA60. But they aren't cheap

First You should Decide on How you going to Play (1.Source), What type of Music You Listen ( Preference), How Loud you Play Music, What is the Size of your Room (where you going to place the Amp\Speaker, What is your Budget . Finlay What you have now ? Like CD collection, LP collection, FLAC collection, Cassette etc,Amp, Speaker, TT etc

Until you clearly state what you have and what you want, None could give right idea.

I need suggestions on a integrated amplifier that has an in-built DAC, Wireless streaming from phone or even laptop , Can play TV audio output to the speakers in case i wish to switch to a home theater setup.These are my main criteria. Side optional criteria are Sub-woofer output, Enough power to drive FS speakers set (I'm gonna get a BS speakers just for now and wish to upgrade to FS speakers later), phono input in-case i buy to turntable to listen to vinyls,Enough outputs to drive a 5.1 speaker sets in-case if i wish to switch to a home theater setup.

Just to clarify, the NAD 356BEE MDC in the classifieds that I mentioned in my earlier post is a 2-channel amp, with a built-in DAC that will take input via USB from your laptop, and via Optical from any other source. It will be powerful enough to drive many floorstanders well in a "regular" room. It will also satisfy your subwoofer-out requirement.

But it does not have a phono input (for a TT), and it is a 2-channel amp, so you can't set up a 5.1 setup with it.

If you're looking for a 5.1 setup for movies, you'll need a multi-channel receiver, and not a 2-channel amp. Generally, a 2-channel amp will be superior to a multi-channel received when it comes to playing music.

Hello FM's, thanks for the suggestion. I am adding more info to as you said.My room is not rectangular but the length is 14 ft and widest width is 10 ft. My source files are all digital FLAC's in my laptop. My listening preference is from most preferred to least preferred from left to right, Classic Rock > Techno, Electronic > Blues > Jazz > Rap, Hip-Hop > Pop musics > Indian pop music. So i need an amp that can play rock genre music that best.My budget is upto 30k for the int. amp. I don't have anything now, not even a single component. I'm just gonna buy a good int. amp. and build a system based upon it. No i don't need a AVR, i just need a system to play music only.

Currently i have my eyes on Onkyo A9010 as it fits my budget compactly for 25k new model. If anyone can suggest me a cheaper deal for the same amp or can suggest me other amps that suits my budget. I'm not looking for a 5.1, just 2.0 is enuf but should offer a decent audiophile experience

Updated criteria:-
1) Must have a inbuilt DAC as my source is 200 GB of 1000's of songs which are FLAC 24bit/96k format.
2) Must power a BS speaker adequately
3) Headphone output

If any amp. suits all these needs im more than happy but these are side-criteria which are present in with the main criteria which can me more happier and satisfied

4) Ability to steam wirelessly so i can stream from my laptop or even from phone.
5) Able to play TV audio so i can use my TV as my source for my hifi system and hear the audio output from my speakers

Currently bookmarked amps :-
1) Onkyo a9010
2) Yamaha a-s801
3) Marantz pm6005
4) Cambridge audio cx60

any more suggestions like these please

Look for Marantz pm6005 from Hifimart ,good offer is going on .It has inbuilt DAC which will be good for your digital collections.otherwise u can look for owners sale section for preowned stereo amp.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I have already booked Emotiva TA 100 in USA but somebody will carry it here, The distributor is Acoustic Arts in New Delhi who may be able to help you with dealer details near your place etc.. I visited about 3 weeks back but they didnot yet have it as it has been released in USA recently. You can contact Sh. Puneet 9015184262 or 01141603949. Actually i demoed the previous version Fusion Flex integrated amplifier just to get the sound signature of Emotiva. What I felt was that it had sufficient power to drive my Bookshelves to very loud level and it could handle sensitive floorstanders.
But whether you are willing to do a blind buy is upto you but it would be better to listen and buy

I have already booked Emotiva TA 100 in USA but somebody will carry it here, The distributor is Acoustic Arts in New Delhi who may be able to help you with dealer details near your place etc.. I visited about 3 weeks back but they didnot yet have it as it has been released in USA recently. You can contact Sh. Puneet 9015184262 or 01141603949. Actually i demoed the previous version Fusion Flex integrated amplifier just to get the sound signature of Emotiva. What I felt was that it had sufficient power to drive my Bookshelves to very loud level and it could handle sensitive floorstanders.
But whether you are willing to do a blind buy is upto you but it would be better to listen and buy

Well that the problem with this brand. It has limited re-sellers and i have to import if possible too when available so it would cost a lot more when shipping to pay for duty etc. I have all my eyes on onkyo a9010 now and it doesn't stream wire-lessly so is it possible to attach bluetooth dongle to a9010 and stream from phone or laptop

Regards
DA

Well that the problem with this brand. It has limited re-sellers and i have to import if possible too when available so it would cost a lot more when shipping to pay for duty etc. I have all my eyes on onkyo a9010 now and it doesn't stream wire-lessly so is it possible to attach bluetooth dongle to a9010 and stream from phone or laptop

Regards
DA

Emotiva TA100 can be excellent choice if you can carry yourself from USA.
Otherwise ONKYO A9010 is very good.
Regarding wireless streaming, get a Chromecast Audio and you can do whatever you want!

Regards
DA
I looked at my situation this way. I can get it from USA without shipping, duty etc. Emotiva is a strong brand. There is service centre in Delhi and the distributor(he has service centre in the same premises} is cooperative Mostly in this forum the choice for entry level stereo recommended is Marantz, NAD,Denon and to a lesser extent Yamaha ,Onkyo etc, in imported brands. While there may be a strong rationale behind this I thought let me try a different brand as unless we try we wouldn't know. It is part blind buy as I had heard it is previous avatar in the integrated amp and expect similar or better performance. In the forum people are owning expensive brands or vintage stuff which donot have any service centres in India. But I guess it is part of passion.
You may decide on the brand taking into account all the factors relevant to you and happy hunting for the amp and happy listening.

Last edited:
Updated criteria:-
1) Must have a inbuilt DAC as my source is 200 GB of 1000's of songs which are FLAC 24bit/96k format.

Why restrict yourself, when you can have a good external DAC (probably better then the built-in) at a reasonable price? With the external DAC you can choose out of thousands of good amps.

Hello, I thought having an inbuilt dac is always a plus and makes my setup less clutter free. Also I hav to know which dac can be used with an amp. So far, thanks members for the suggestions. I was experimenting with mmy music tastes and beginning to like jazz cos it reduces my stress levels a lot and relaxes me which is important for my busy student life filled with lot of hard effort to land my dream job. I want my stereo to be jazz based, then play some good soul and r&b music. Least comes the pop, rock and rap music. Any suggestions to build a jazz based system?

Hi, waking up an old thread here.Visiting Dubai for the shopping festival and want to pick up an integrated amp.Shortlisted Marantz PM6005,Onkyo A9010 and Emotiva Basx A100.Right now having wharf 9.2s and looking to upgrade them to floorstanders.Can someone recommend an amp out of the three mentioned above.Amp is for listening old rock and film music.Seems the Emotiva can be picked up for around 16k and Onkyo for 25k in Dubai.(Pre festival prices).Thanks,

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back