Suggest new WIFI for home

mejobhoot

Hello All,
Quite nice to be back after a long time! I have a small wifi setup at home: a DNM stereo amplifier and a pair of ELAC B6. This mostly takes care of my needs, except that I miss being able to play YouTubeMusic/Spotify over bluetooth, or a set of .wav files from a pen-drive or my laptop over wifi. I am also eager to know about new technologies such as DACs built into the receiver systems, etc.

If I were to buy a new setup consisting of an amplifier (or AVR?) and a pair of book shelves, that is definitely not going to be an extravagant buy, could you help me with the options? Maybe a denon or a marantz? I am sure this is not going to be a 1 shot answer. I would love to hear all the new techs that I should keep in mind while going for my next buy.

Many many thanks for your suggestions!!

Best.

If ur need is only music through net and don't want spent too much .Get a Chromecast audio ,u can able to stream music ( flac ,wav files ) lossless to ur amplifier. It also have an inbuilt DAC which is very good one for the price.

Hello All,
Quite nice to be back after a long time! I have a small wifi setup at home: a DNM stereo amplifier and a pair of ELAC B6. This mostly takes care of my needs, except that I miss being able to play YouTubeMusic/Spotify over bluetooth, or a set of .wav files from a pen-drive or my laptop over wifi. I am also eager to know about new technologies such as DACs built into the receiver systems, etc.

If I were to buy a new setup consisting of an amplifier (or AVR?) and a pair of book shelves, that is definitely not going to be an extravagant buy, could you help me with the options? Maybe a denon or a marantz? I am sure this is not going to be a 1 shot answer. I would love to hear all the new techs that I should keep in mind while going for my next buy.

Many many thanks for your suggestions!!

Best.
Hi, the cheapest option would be as mentioned here, chromecast audio dongle.
More expensive option: Since you already own a stereo amp and speakers,( I’m assuming you’re liking them) you can alternately look at a network streamer like the Marantz NA6005 which can help you with streaming music to the amp and has a good quality built in DAC.

i use my mac with audiogd R2R for all my streaming.
i would recommend the same setup(lap which you already might own and a good dac depending on your budget) as its flexible and you can get all the major services.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back