Suggest / Query for budget 4k passthrough /upscale receiver

roseboy24

Dear forum Members
Suggest / Query for budget 4k passthrough /upscale receiver as my old denon gone faulty ....looking forward for your help.. any good deal in New delhi /NCR is welcome!

Dear forum Members Suggest / Query for budget 4k passthrough /upscale receiver as my old denon gone faulty ....looking forward for your help.. any good deal in New delhi /NCR is welcome!

Am not muchin to 4K specs.. But i suppose most AVR today, even entry level 5.1 does 4K passthrough.. Denon x 550, Pioneer VSX 531.. Others should also be able to do that, just checked the familiar models that am aware off.. Anyways do check the detailed specs for mention of 4K passthrough..

4K up-scaling would push you to midrange receivers with a significant cost.. But shouldn't your 4K already have the ability to upscale to 4K?..

Am not muchin to 4K specs.. But i suppose most AVR today, even entry level 5.1 does 4K passthrough.. Denon x 550, Pioneer VSX 531.. Others should also be able to do that, just checked the familiar models that am aware off.. Anyways do check the detailed specs for mention of 4K passthrough..

4K up-scaling would push you to midrange receivers with a significant cost.. But shouldn't your 4K already have the ability to upscale to 4K?..
Hello brother,
I have purchased a yamaha yht 1840 home theatre from reliance digital,faridbad on 29 September 2019.
let me tell you how made the connections:-
1.hdmi arc from 1840 to hdmi ARC of my sony x8500f tv.
2.hdmi from my dishtv set top box to hdmi 1 of 1840.

now the problem i am facing:-
1.I am unable to get sound from HT from netfllix,youtube and STB simultaneously.
I am getting sound from HT when i select hdmi1 as input(i.e STB) but when i watch Netflix and YouTube, no sound is coming from HT even after changing input of HT.

2.now when i take out power of STB,sound from YouTube ,network start coming
3.again now switch on STB sound from both STB and Netflix start coming after changing inputs
but now if i switch off TV again. above point 1 and 2 problem comes again.

3 guys from reliance has visited but had little knowledge and couldn't solve the problem.
today 1 guy from service centre from yamaha came but he too couldn't solve the problem and it seems he had not much knowledge either and said it might be technical fault and need to take the system to service centre.

please help me with connection if u think ,it is the problem with the set up and HT is not faulty..

I am getting sound from HT when i select hdmi1 as input(i.e STB) but when i watch Netflix and YouTube, no sound is coming from HT even after changing input of HT.

Relax.. I think your Yamaha AVR is fine..

I don't know much, but here is my guess.. When you have kept the STB on and trying to switch inputs to TV's android interface, you aren't getting sound on AVR.. This could be because, even though you have switched inputs STB input on AVR is till receiving audio from STB decoder which might be stopping ARC function..

Better is to add an external Android TV interface directly connected to AVR's inputs.. Cheaper one would be Xiaomi Mi Box 3 / S for abt 6K.. If you can, this would simply the connectivity and solve your issue.. But before that i suggest you to please post in Yamaha owners thread, you might get more help.. You could each of the input from members.. If nothing works external Android TV box is better..

Relax.. I think your Yamaha AVR is fine..

I don't know much, but here is my guess.. When you have kept the STB on and trying to switch inputs to TV's android interface, you aren't getting sound on AVR.. This could be because, even though you have switched inputs STB input on AVR is till receiving audio from STB decoder which might be stopping ARC function..

Better is to add an external Android TV interface directly connected to AVR's inputs.. Cheaper one would be Xiaomi Mi Box 3 / S for abt 6K.. If you can, this would simply the connectivity and solve your issue.. But before that i suggest you to please post in Yamaha owners thread, you might get more help.. You could each of the input from members.. If nothing works external Android TV box is better..
1.brother i didn't want to buy android box that is why i purchased android tv,n now to solve my HT problem n buy a android box for a android TV would not a good idea.
2.If ARC is not working properly as you said then should i contact sony customer care?
3.if such is the problem with these HT ,why people are buying them. i bought ARC tv and HT so that can can synchronise properly and i don't need to ise 2 remotes.

4.please suggest me with the current equipments i have.
5.where to find yamaha owner thread.i m new here,joined yesterday only for this problem i am facing

1.brother i didn't want to buy android box that is why i purchased android tv,n now to solve my HT problem n buy a android box for a android TV would not a good idea.
2.If ARC is not working properly as you said then should i contact sony customer care?
3.if such is the problem with these HT ,why people are buying them. i bought ARC tv and HT so that can can synchronise properly and i don't need to ise 2 remotes.

I understand.. No worries..

5.where to find yamaha owner thread.i m new here,joined yesterday only for this problem i am facing

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/yamaha-avr-owners-thread.21982/

Post it in this above thread.. Some member might have a solution with some setting..

just an suggestion use STB Sound via Optic cable. And configure HT For STB sound via Optical just an try.

Hello brother,
I have purchased a yamaha yht 1840 home theatre from reliance digital,faridbad on 29 September 2019.
let me tell you how made the connections:-
1.hdmi arc from 1840 to hdmi ARC of my sony x8500f tv.
2.hdmi from my dishtv set top box to hdmi 1 of 1840.

now the problem i am facing:-
1.I am unable to get sound from HT from netfllix,youtube and STB simultaneously.

3.again now switch on STB sound from both STB and Netflix start coming after changing inputs
but now if i switch off TV again. above point 1 and 2 problem comes again.

3 guys from reliance has visited but had little knowledge and couldn't solve the problem.
today 1 guy from service centre from yamaha came but he too couldn't solve the problem and it seems he had not much knowledge either and said it might be technical fault and need to take the system to service centre.

please help me with connection if u think ,it is the problem with the set up and HT is not faulty..
yesterday only for this problem i am facing

Try with Fibre Optic cable configure HT STB sound via Optical... hope this will resolve your issue..

thanks man
i have tried it.bm
just an suggestion use STB Sound via Optic cable. And configure HT For STB sound via Optical just an try.
[/QU
i have already tried optical with STB ,now stb sound is coming from theatre when i select audio 1 input in stb but no sound from YouTube, Netflix is coming ,tried all input mode of yht 1840 from hdmi 1 to hdmi 4 and audio 1 to audio 5

This thread was like "begaani shaadi main Abdullah deewana.."..ha ha...

@yadavgaurav ....check your input settings in your AVR and check if your AVR is assigned to receive multiple inputs for HDMI 1. When you play Netflix on your TV, ensure your STB is in standby mode. As advised by @elangoas, you should get better advise in Yamaha owners group.

@roseboy24 .....most of the AVR nowadays do 4k passthrough. In terms of upscaling, I think your 4k TV should perform similar to the avr. I think if you list down your requirements and budget, you may get better response.

Cheers
Siju

have already tried optical with STB ,now stb sound is coming from theatre when i select audio 1 input in stb but no sound from YouTube, Netflix is coming ,tried all input mode of yht 1840 from hdmi 1 to hdmi 4 and audio 1 to audio 5

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back