suggest screen for Benq W1070

dhawald3

Hi,

My room is having 12' distance from sitting position to screen and max 7.5' wall where I can put my screen.
Planning to get Benq W1070 projector and a 90" pull down screen that I'll put on the 7.5' wall.

Room gets less than normal ambient light and is fairly dark during day as well.

As of now I have budget for a low end screen costing less than 10k.

How will the screens sold on projectorscreens.in, or ebay.in or amazon.in suite my purpose?

Will putting a matt paint on the screen improve it's performance?

I have bought a liberty grandview 106" screen manual srs type for 11k so, I m sure u can get the same brand for less then 10k, where r u from?

I have 106" grand view screen manual instalock type bought for Rs. 12k. Good performance.

Hai, recently I have replaced my old 84" screen by a 100" 16:9 'Elite Screen' (Elite SRM M100WXH2). It costs me Rs 10,500/- from Kolkata. It's a very good screen and perfectly matched with my Epson TW480 Pj.
There is an Elite Screen Distributer in Delhi. (Mob. - + 91 73056 40567)

Thanks for the replies.

I was wondering what advantage does a pull down screen give over a painted wall?
what if I paint the wall with a white matt paint? or better still I go for a very light shade of grey so that I can get deeper blacks.

Thanks for the replies.

I was wondering what advantage does a pull down screen give over a painted wall?
what if I paint the wall with a white matt paint? or better still I go for a very light shade of grey so that I can get deeper blacks.

The disadvantages might be the wrinkles that might form on the pull down screen. Also for a painted wall you need to take special care of not putting/rubbing anything which might grey the color or discoloring that might happen due to age. There are disadvantages as well as advantages, did you check some of the very good DIY fixed frame screen using plywood or laminates. You can use some cloth to cover the same and prevent any unwarranted damage. Also it is cheaper and long life, but yes it will occupy the space which you cannot use it for other purposes, whereas the pull down has a advantage in this space.

One more question ...
If I take 4:3 ratio screen of 6 ft width will there be any problem in viewing movies in 16:9 ratio at 6ft width?

Or should I go for a 16:9 ratio screen?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back