Suggestion for a budget Home theatre around 60K

medianandha

Hi all,

I need to buy an HT for my L shaped Living Room. (24.5x11 + 12x11.5). For your better understanding, I have attached the image.

TV: 55 inches,FULL HD
Usage: 50% Music, 50% Movies
Source: Netflix, Amazon Prime / Online Streaming Music apps
Budget: Around 65K (Can't stretch much)

After some auditions and research in articles, I have shortlisted 2 AVRs based on my needs.

1.Marantz 1509 - 34K
2.Pioneer 832 - 39K

But my confusion is full on the speakers. Either I have to go to the Satellite speakers with 5.1 packages or custom selected Bookshelf Speakers.

Since my room size is slightly big and since I would like to use this also for music, I am just worried about the performance of Satellite speakers. But this will definitely fit into my budget perfectly.

My shortlisted Sat packages are:

Mission M3 - 25K
Elac Cinema 5 - 33K
Polk TL 1600 - 39K (Very low priority bcos of budget)

If Satellite Speakers won't do good for music as well as for my room size, I might start with 3.0 or 5.0 Bookshelves and later add the surround or sub. But It will definitely take time. Will it be a good experience until then?

My shortlisted BS packages are:

TAV 806S - 9K
TAGA Harmony 806 C - 7K
TAV 806S - 9K - Surround

BA A25 - 14K
BA A 225 C - 7K
BA A25 - 14K - Surround

For all the below models, I will stick with 3.0 as of now.

Mission LX1 - 13.5K
LXC1 - 12.5K

Mission MX1 - 16K
MXC1 - 12.5K

Polk T15 - 14k
T30 - 13k

Since Marantz 1509 is underpowered, will it cause any problem for my needs?

Pls, help me with your valuable suggestions. Thank you.

Attachments

• living-room.png
    living-room.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 13
You can go with 1509, for small setup power is sufficient.
You can also consider Taga Harmony 606 special edition 5.0 package.
These two combined will be around 70k.

You add subwoofer later or add another 30k to the budget and get a good subwoofer now itself

Thanks for your answer.

I forgot to add one point. Due to space constraints, I can't go with Floor standers. So I stick with BS or Sats.

You can go with 1509, for small setup power is sufficient.

This is a very useful answer for me. I got a positive reply to one of my main concerns.

The marantz receiver is more than capable.

Regarding speakers, start slow. Get just the front two speakers for now. May be a sub too if you can. Let it run as a 2.1 setup. Later when you can add surround and centre channel speakers.

There was a great pair of dali z3 speaker on sale. Check if it's still available.

MaSh

Thanks for your Answer especially for the vouching of AVR.

There was a great pair of dali z3 speaker on sale. Check if it's still available.

Checked in Hifi mart. Nope. It wasn't there.

BTW Didn't any one of the mentioned speakers above good enough? or all very average speakers?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back