Suggestion for an online ups

niftianmadhur

Hi everyone, I am planning to connect my CJ ET3 tube pre, my Sony XA7es CD player and Simaudio moon 380D dac to an online UPS so that I will get some time to safely switch off my system during power failure. Please suggest me an online UPS model also, which load should I go to, 1kva or 2kva. I will connect my power amp to my servo stabilizer. Looking for some advice on online UPS. Thanks in advance.

so that I will get some time to safely switch off my system during power failure.
You don't need online ups to accomplish this; any good line interactive ups will do this job with a switchover time of less than 6ms. If you still insist on online ups, check the APC offering, they have some of the best currently available, and 1 KVA will be more than sufficient. Also, with online ups, you no longer need the stabilizer in the chain. Be informed that online ups usually make quite a bit of noise (around 50 dB), so make sure you put them in a different room.

You don't need online ups to accomplish this; any good line interactive ups will do this job with a switchover time of less than 6ms. If you still insist on online ups, check the APC offering, they have some of the best currently available, and 1 KVA will be more than sufficient. Also, with online ups, you no longer need the stabilizer in the chain. Be informed that online ups usually make quite a bit of noise (around 50 dB), so make sure you put them in a different room.

What does it mean by online UPS?
I use a Luminous 875 VA Sine Wave Inverter from last 10 years. Except heating lines entire two bedroom apartment is wired through it.
TV, Xbox, PC everything directly connected to wall socket.
If there is a power loss, I never faced issue of any of them being switched off.
Does that mean it is an online UPS?

As per my understanding, online ups has double conversion with pure sine wave. Honestly I have zero knowledge about this, that’s why this thread. Also, I need something where the battery is inbuilt and it takes less space.

I saw one Eaton 9px model which suits my requirements in terms of size and backup requirements. My only worry is that it is 1KVA and I was not sure if it is sufficient for my load. Need to connect above mentioned pre, dac and CD player. The 2Kva one was bigger in size and had more fan noise.

As per my understanding, online ups has double conversion with pure sine wave. Honestly I have zero knowledge about this, that’s why this thread. Also, I need something where the battery is inbuilt and it takes less space.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back