Suggestion for budget speakers

debanjanhazra

I am looking for budget speakers for my Pioneer vsx-323. Which will be better choice. I am not an audiophile. My primary purpose is gaming with good surrounding sounds, preferebly with good Bass. My choices are

1. Pioneer SP-1135XS 5.1 Home Theatre Speaker System
2. Yamaha NSP-40 5.1 Speaker System - Buy Online @ Rs.19973/- | Snapdeal
3. NEW Denon SYS 5 1 Home Theatre Speaker Package | eBay

I am from Kolkata, It would be helpful if anyone can tell me from where can I buy any of these product cheaper than online.

Add to audition list the Wharfedale Moviestar , DX1 package and
Boston Acoustics Soundware.
Hear everything before you buy, is possible with your receiver, most people will tell you the same here. The Wharfedale might be a step up but it's more expensive. Please audition before you choose

You could have a look at the Cambridge Audio Minx series. No idea about pricing though.

The Minx would be ~50k, so out of budget, the Boston acoustics package is well liked for HT and highly rated for 23000

Hi debanjanhazra,

If you want to enjoy good clarity, crisp highs and deep punch for music / movies / gaming....the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 is a good value and pick.....it may stretch your budget but worth every buck you spend for it.

I guess 23k would be the warranty rate and it is available on HiFi Mart, you should check other dealers locally around the area and see if you can get it cheaper.....without warranty would be cheaper..perhaps within 20k?

I am looking for budget speakers for my Pioneer vsx-323. Which will be better choice. I am not an audiophile. My primary purpose is gaming with good surrounding sounds, preferebly with good Bass. My choices are

1. Pioneer SP-1135XS 5.1 Home Theatre Speaker System
2. Yamaha NSP-40 5.1 Speaker System - Buy Online @ Rs.19973/- | Snapdeal
3. NEW Denon SYS 5 1 Home Theatre Speaker Package | eBay

I am from Kolkata, It would be helpful if anyone can tell me from where can I buy any of these product cheaper than online.

Which one did you finally get?

Bought JBL SCS 200 @ 18k. Bought from snapdeal. The speakers sounds good. I personally auditioned BA Soundware XS 5.1 . But the vocals are not punchy. The JBL one clearly suits my purpose.

Hi

Congratulations on your new purchase.

Strange that the BA soundware did not appeal to you as they are WHAT HIFI 5 star rated award winning speakers and I did use the JBL SCS 200 briefly...the BA clearly win over the JBLs in terms of overall performance in movies and music...anyways end of the day it all depends on individual choices as in what suits in budget, appearance and required performance.....

How about going to Kaushik in Bhowanipur. His speakers are good and service is quite good. You can give it a try.
I have his speakers in our Kolkata home and some of my other friends (including a British one) are quite impressed with his VFM speakers.

Brand value of his products are less costly than international ones!

His contact number is 9831017957.
Please be informed that I, in no way get any benefit out of this reference. I referred his name to you to help you get a better deal.

Hi debanjanhazra,

If you want to enjoy good clarity, crisp highs and deep punch for music / movies / gaming....the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 is a good value and pick.....it may stretch your budget but worth every buck you spend for it.

I guess 23k would be the warranty rate and it is available on HiFi Mart, you should check other dealers locally around the area and see if you can get it cheaper.....without warranty would be cheaper..perhaps within 20k?

I couldn't agree more. Boston acoustics XS are really great considering size and price. Last Sunday I happened to audition the same at Reliance digital bangalore. They were hooked with Marrantz 1402 and boy....what performance. Reliance digital were selling them for 23000K plus 15% discount. Only prob was that it was their Demo piece.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back