Suggestion for Heat Gun, shrink tubing and sleeves (where to buy)

AmK

Hi,

With the downtime, I was thinking of doing some touch-up work to my cables.

Needed suggestion for where to buy the following:
Heat Gun
Heat shrink tubing
sleeves

Thanks

All at lamington road but very unlikely the shops will be open

Heatshrink tubes and sleeves you can buy it from aliexpress.. mind you they can take anywhere between 15 days to 50 days for delivery. Having said that you can get quite a lot of options in terms of quality and price. So in case you can wait it out it would be cheaper for you to get it from there. I tried looking for options within Indian market, both online as well as stores, the options were very limited and more expensive.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Aliexpress would have been my first choice, but don't want to take the chance with customs/postal service.

I did some searching for heat guns. Many options available. If you have a specific brand/model that works well for you, do post details of the same.

I purchased them all from lohar Chawl Mumbai, which is located after a walking distance of 5 - 6 minutes after disembarking the Marine Line station. The only problem is that they mostly deal with all black, but different sizes are available. This shop if you watch very carefully is on the entrance once you come down the station and your the entering lohar chawl lane, left hand side of lohar chawl street , while walking facing Crawford market, say around 11 to 14 shops, a one gala shop, with a display of electrical sleeves wooden rolls, hanging outside, where you could buy your required sleeves.
Regarding the hot gun, please watch on the same side of the sleeve shop a little further a tiny entrance shop of around 2.5 meter, who sells this hot gun. if you cannot find then you could try many of the hundreds shops that sell different equipments.

I also would have helped you to procure from the current stock I have of multi colored heat shrink sleeve which I imported, but I am in Goa right now.

All the best in your procurement
regards.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Aliexpress would have been my first choice, but don't want to take the chance with customs/postal service.

I did some searching for heat guns. Many options available. If you have a specific brand/model that works well for you, do post details of the same.
I have ordered quite a lot of things through Aliexpress, all low value items for sure, and haven't had any issues with customs/import duties. In fact they took care of the same themselves. One caution that I would ask you to take is just check following items when placing an order:

1) How many times the item has already been sold by that seller and what is the general rating of the same
2) The rating of the seller
3) The shipping method used. If it is Aliexpress, or China Post, Singapore Post or any of the recognized shippers you can be sure that you will get your items in a time bound manner. The problem comes when the shipper is a lesser known as there is a high probability of item never reaching you.. I learnt it the hard way. But you need not worry in terms of losing your money as Aliexpress generally refund the money in these kinds of scenarios.

Now having said that, considering the ongoing health crisis I would not suggest ordering anything right now from Aliexpress and rely on locally available options.

Absolutely...for 3 months...skip Chinese products

No imports

Even if they pay you to buy their product..don't buy

Avoid spending on non essentials and exercise restraint

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back