Suggestion for home theater under 80,000 INR

appusiva

Hello Friends,

Looking for suggestions for a combination of speakers, subwoofer, and receiver for a home theatre setup within 80,000 INR.

This would be used mainly used by my father for watching movies from a hard disk or stream movies directly from Laptops/tablets/phones.

Also, we are planning to have a projector for playing the movies. Please suggest budget projectors as well (not included in this budget).

Bluetooth and wireless connectivity in a receiver is a must. Also, I am not a brand conscious buyer, but need a quality or long lasting product that should last at least a decade on a moderate to heavy usage. To give you a perspective our Sony home theatre (costing ~20K INR) is a workhorse. It was bought way back in 2000 and still sounds fine!

Though we cannot classify ourselves as purists or extreme audiophiles, we do appreciate great surround sound and bass when it comes to watching an action flick and also it should be compatible for streaming songs from our devices.

PS: We are in a place called Trichy, Tamil Nadu, so the components suggested should be subject to availability.

Thanks in advance!

Baranidharan

Hello Friends,

Looking for suggestions for a combination of speakers, subwoofer, and receiver for a home theatre setup within 80,000 INR.

This would be used mainly used by my father for watching movies from a hard disk or stream movies directly from Laptops/tablets/phones.

Bluetooth and wireless connectivity in a receiver is a must. Also, I am not a brand conscious buyer, but need a quality or long lasting product that should last at least a decade on a moderate to heavy usage. To give you a perspective our Sony home theatre (costing ~20K INR) is a workhorse. It was bought way back in 2000 and still sounds fine!

Though we cannot classify ourselves as purists or extreme audiophiles, we do appreciate great surround sound and bass when it comes to watching an action flick and also it should be compatible for streaming songs from our devices.

PS: We are in a place called Trichy, Tamil Nadu, so the components suggested should be subject to availability.

Thanks in advance!

Baranidharan

Few suggestions here, since it would be your dad using it..

- If your dad is not interested in latest generation Dolby Atmos set-up, then you can very well look at used AVR.. You might get a good midrange 7.1 AVR as members would be upgrading..

- If your Sony speakers are still in good working condition & compatible with new AVR's, you can very well use them.. You can look at new AVR + sub.. Share the model # of Sony..

- If Sony speakers are not compatible, then consider - https://www.hifimart.com/speakers/speaker-systems/taga-harmony-inmove-5-1-home-theater-package.html

+

https://www.hifimart.com/electronics/av-receiver/pioneer-vsx-524-k-av-receiver.html

Hello Friends,

Also, we are planning to have a projector for playing the movies. Please suggest budget projectors as well (not included in this budget).

Thanks in advance!

Baranidharan

Hi,

If you already like blu ray home theater (you mentioned Sony) then a dedicated HT (AVR + 5 speakers + Sub) will going to be amazing experience for you.
Based on your requirement of using movies from HDD, you need to add a disc player (with USB input) or media player as well.
You may split your budget for the components like below:
Source - Media Player - 5 to 10K
AVR (5.1 / 5.2) - 30K
Speakers - 5 speaker package - 25K
Sub - 15 - 20K
Cables - 2-4K

Media Player - You can look at Amazon (or other online portals) for media player, example ASUS, amkette, HiMedia, etc.
AVR - For movies, you can look for Denon if you like soft sound or may be Pioneer for a little exiting movie experience. Getting 5.1 AVR within 25-30K is not a challenge. All AVRs in this budget range sound more or less same.
You can look for pre-owned AVR as well to get something better in your budget, I guess you have already experienced that these components last long.
Speakers - You can look for TAGA 5 speaker set around 25K which includes front floorstands. To start with, you can also look to use your existing speakers to experience differences between blu ray home theater and AVR.
Sub - TAGA, Polk, etc. have Sub within 20K range. you can easily get one from HiFiMART.
Cables - Choose 18 or 16 AWG - Amazon Basics speaker cables and DAC cables are VFM.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Better go with an HTiB package, like suggested, or increase your budget to 1L, if you wanna go separates.

Thanks for your suggestion friends.

One more info is that we are not going to use any blue ray media player. I was thinking of using avr USB as the source.

Am I right?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

The usb in AVR plays only audio. To play videos you need separate media player

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yes, that USB is audio only, unless specified otherwise in the manual. I have a Marantz receiver and the USB in it is audio only. Same was with the denon I had earlier.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Oh is it? Are you sure sir? Is it the case with all avrs?

Yes... Front panel USB port is just for audio playback, some of AVRs play lossy formats (like MP3) while some support lossless format playback as well (like FLAC).

A separate source is required for video playback, could be disc player, media player, PC, etc.

Hello Friends,

Thanks in advance!

Baranidharan

you could probably think of a stereo set up right now, with a single subwoofer, and a decent av receiver. Get the best that you can, that fits within your budget. check out yamaha av receiver (known for its quality), and look at Dali Zensor speakers. These are very popular, and many find its sound signature to be very pleasant.

As the years go by, you can very well upgrade by adding a centre channel and surrounds, and also get another subwoofer. I feel that this might be a better option than getting a HTIB. but you are the best judge.

you could probably think of a stereo set up right now, with a single subwoofer, and a decent av receiver. Get the best that you can, that fits within your budget. check out yamaha av receiver (known for its quality), and look at Dali Zensor speakers. These are very popular, and many find its sound signature to be very pleasant.

As the years go by, you can very well upgrade by adding a centre channel and surrounds, and also get another subwoofer. I feel that this might be a better option than getting a HTIB. but you are the best judge.
Thanks Arun. Let me suggest this to my dad.

Did you check the home theater system from Definitive Technology? Some of their home theater comes within your budget and some above your budget. But I am sharing the information of these products so that you can compare or see what suits your choice.

1) Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 400 - Rs. 58,000

2) Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 600 - Rs 80,000.00

3) Definitive Technology ProCinema 800 which is a six piece 5.1 channel home theater speaker system - Rs 108,000.00

4) Definitive Technology ProCinema 1000 - Rs. 146,000.00

5) Definitive Technology SoloCinema XTR Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer - Rs 202,000.00

what do you think about these products..?

Did you check the home theater system from Definitive Technology? Some of their home theater comes within your budget and some above your budget. But I am sharing the information of these products so that you can compare or see what suits your choice.

1) Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 400 - Rs. 58,000

2) Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 600 - Rs 80,000.00

3) Definitive Technology ProCinema 800 which is a six piece 5.1 channel home theater speaker system - Rs 108,000.00

4) Definitive Technology ProCinema 1000 - Rs. 146,000.00

5) Definitive Technology SoloCinema XTR Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer - Rs 202,000.00

what do you think about these products..?
Thanks, I shall checkout.

If you are planning to buy the product online there is a trick which you can be used to get extra discount from the sellers.

I did apply the same trick while buying Definitive Technology Symphony 1 Headphones.

Let me know if you want to know that trick...when you have finalized the product.

Hey AppuSiva!

Im from Ariyalur, near Trichy!

I'm looking for a similar system. Could you shed some lights as to what you purchased finally?

Im looking for a TAGA 606 SE 5.0,
TAGA TSW 150 SW,
YAMAHA HTR 3067 AVR,
and Luxcine z4000 Projector!

Is that ok? or did you get any better equipments bro?
Thanks in advance!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back