Suggestion for music systems in 70k range.

Blueintrigue

Hi All,

I am a newbie to this site and new to the world of high end music systems. Please do let me know if I have missed any information.

My room size is 18x14 ft. It will be used primarily by my father and me. I like to listen to soft rock and country music while my father listens to ghazals and old Bollywood music (Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar) etc.

I would like to have Bluetooth and phone in capability

My budget is 70k extendable to Max 1 lakh.

I am located in Noida if that matters

Can you guys suggest something?

Welcome to the forum friend. This is a wonderful place to increase your knowledge about Hifi music systems and interact with some very knowledgeable people.

Since you’ll be using your system to listen to music, I’d suggest you get yourself an integrated amp and some decent floor standing speakers to start with. You’ll find some decent entry level stuff in your budget.
Choice in Noida is limited. As far as I know, there’s only one Hifi dealer in Sector 18 market..Top Gizmos. He has Dali floorstanders and Yamaha amps. Go for an audition to get a hang of things. Trust only your ears and don’t decide in haste.

Good Luck.

Hi All,

I am a newbie to this site and new to the world of high end music systems. Please do let me know if I have missed any information.

My room size is 18x14 ft. It will be used primarily by my father and me. I like to listen to soft rock and country music while my father listens to ghazals and old Bollywood music (Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar) etc.

Hi

Welcome to HFV

Given you want a stereo setup.....

Get a Stereo Receiver from Yamaha.....

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/index.html

See which model fits your budget....then get decent floorstanders to pair well or good Bookshelf speakers...

All the Best

Maranz and Dali B/S Combination is worth listening. Go and have audition at Top Gizmo.

Thanks.

Since this is your first system, I would say start with used equipment, as you learn you can change the gear more to your liking.
70K is a stretch for a brand new system. You can start with a Stereo AV receiver and good speakers. Yamaha is a good suggestion.

I purchased A Marantz 1509 Receiver with Elac 5 Cinema for a price of 80K. The combination sounded good to me.

Please visit Lyrita audio in New Delhi. For your listening taste and room dimension, high sensitive speakers would serve really well. You can pair them with any of the integrated amplifiers to suit to your taste.

Hi All,

I'd recommend this:
- Polk Signature S50 floorstanders (30-33k)
- Amazon Echo Link Amp (30k)

I've had the S50 for a year and it's a great starter floorstander with tons of bass and great imaging. They're easy to likes.

The Echo Link amp is a great starting piece too if you're not fully into this hobby, it's compact, looks good, and is completely connected to the internet.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back