Suggestion on 110V to 220V Converter for Bose Bought in US to Use in India

naresh2879

Dear All,

I have bought Bose music Cinemate 15 system from USA. For this I need a 110V to 220 V transformer/converter .
The Bose manual says "Power rating = 100V-240V 50/60 Hz 300W" Can you please suggest which is the right step down transformer to use with this music system. Kindly suggest the correct power rating that i should use in India for the above system. Also provide any brand names and models Thanks a lot for your help.

Dear All,

I have bought Bose music Cinemate 15 system from USA. For this I need a 110V to 220 V transformer/converter .
The Bose manual says "Power rating = 100V-240V 50/60 Hz 300W" Can you please suggest which is the right step down transformer to use with this music system. Kindly suggest the correct power rating that i should use in India for the above system. Also provide any brand names and models Thanks a lot for your help.

If the operating voltage is 100V - 240V, then you don't need a step down transformer.. It will work without a glitch..

But make sure to set the switch on the system which flips between 110V/20V before you plug in India.

Just to reconfirm, can you post a image of the specification found on the back side/bottom of the unit?

If the operating voltage is 100V - 240V, then you don't need a step down transformer.. It will work without a glitch..

But make sure to set the switch on the system which flips between 110V/20V before you plug in India.

Just to reconfirm, can you post a image of the specification found on the back side/bottom of the unit?
Thanks Elangoas,
As requested , I have attached 2 screen prints from Bose Unit Back Panel and one from the Manual. Also Please clarify "make sure to set the switch on the system which flips between 110V/20V before you plug in India." Are you saying the power switch on switch board ?

Attachments

• Bose Back Panel Rating.jpg
    Bose Back Panel Rating.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 83
Thanks Elangoas,
As requested , I have attached 2 screen prints from Bose Unit Back Panel and one from the Manual.

Great.. It will work fine..

Also Please clarify "make sure to set the switch on the system which flips between 110V/20V before you plug in India." Are you saying the power switch on switch board ?

Usually, the unit that works on universal voltage have a provision for physical switch behind the unit to operate between 110v (or) 220V. If you don't have a switch, then it would work just fine..

Most devices with a linear power supply have a switch which switch between 110 or 220 V primary WINDINGS of the transformer. In this case though I believe the unit is powered with a SMPS supply and possible class D amplification which is seen in many new designs for small size and energy efficiency. Hence it with work fine at both voltages without the converter. You just need a universal adapter for the power plug.

Thankyou Elangoas and Audiodoc. I really appreciate your help and thanks much for the information and suggestion. I was just too much worried to poweron the system for the last one week,it is just a matter of switching it on if something goes wrong i will literally roll and cry. thanks much again. Will let you know guys soon.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back