suggestion on DVD player with HDMI & USB

sunchennai

hi,

Pls tell me what is the actual differance that i see if i use a HDMI cable instead of the normal S-video?
can you pls tell me which dvd player that i should buy for my LCD Tv LG -2611u so that i get best picture qulaity.I did search the net and here is the list which i think is the best that i can get in Chennai,TN Philips DVP3568/94, Samsung DVD-1080PK,Sony DVP-NS728HP/B?
i am looking for a price under Rs 5000.

Thanks
Sun

s video will not be able to trasmit hd signals... hdmi does 720p and 1080p.

get a philips dvd p for 4k odd which has hdmi out and does upscaling as well.

I have heard many HT dealers speaking highly of pioneer DVD players. Infact, pioneer is the brand they use (DVD player) in HT demo. Pioneer 420 or 220 are the two suggested models. Check the availability and price. I think these should upscale and transmit via HDMI.

Experts can comment on this!

pioneers are good dvd players.. however now almost all brands have got dvd players with hdmi and digital audio out..

u can buy the pioneer DV-220K without thinking twice.The price should be somewhere close to 4500 with bill and warranty,although depends on dealer to dealer.

I have heard many HT dealers speaking highly of pioneer DVD players. Infact, pioneer is the brand they use (DVD player) in HT demo. Pioneer 420 or 220 are the two suggested models. Check the availability and price. I think these should upscale and transmit via HDMI.

Experts can comment on this!

420 around 5k
220 around 3.5-4k

Make sure your TV/ audio receiver has optical/ digital audio in.
AFAIK pioneer does not have analogue 5.1 output which can direclty give you surround sound on normal system.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back