Suggestion Pls Stereo Amp/Integrated Amp

AnanthHiFi

Hi, I am looking for a Stereo Amp/Integrated Amp for Jamo 606, I already have Onkyo 717, I still want to connect Stereo Amp/Integrated Amp between Onkyo 717 and the Front Standing speakers. Suggestion please.

Thanks

You need to specify your budget because there are so much of options for your requirement that if you spend 10 min listening to each of them, you will become 90 years old before you complete half of the options. Ok don't open that calculator :D, just tell us your budget and the source you are using/ planning to use. :)

If you intend to insert an integrated amplifier between the AVR and the speakers, first thing required is a pair of preouts from the AVR. Next, try to get an integrated with a HT bypass feature.

Hi, I am looking for a Stereo Amp/Integrated Amp for Jamo 606, I already have Onkyo 717, I still want to connect Stereo Amp/Integrated Amp between Onkyo 717 and the Front Standing speakers. Suggestion please.

Thanks

Why do you want to connect the stereo amplifier in between a AVR & Speaker..

Av receivers and good stereo amps are power consuming, though the set up will be a good idea,..I had a bad experience of having different sound signatures of a marantz and a nad while doing this, especially with movies.. Try to get an amp which is not too different from your reciever. Another thing was the volume control, always you have to adjust the fronts to the rest when you watch a movie, as both amps would have different linearity with the controls, say a point increase in the reciever would increase more than a point in the stereo,. Try out getting a normal amp from some of your friends, before setting out :)

Anyway, further to my exploration, Since 717 come with the 7.2 pre-outs so I can go for Int or Power amps. Power amp is way way way beyond my budget. I found some int amps will suit my requirements, Denon - PMA720, Marantz - PM6004, Yamaha - A500. Your feedback please.

I believe the marantz, and denon should be okay since they both have warmer sound sugnatures, I never had a denon int amp, heard only few before too, I had an onkyo receiver before, and a marantz stereo amp, I felt there were similarities..,

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back