Suggestion regarding subwoofer

doc_sreenu

Hi,

greetings to all, this is my first query am posting here. i am looking out for subwoofer.

presently my system consists of

HTPC- DENON 3313- connected to KEF Q 900 pair.

have shortlisted two options-

1. SVS pb 2000
2. Rythmik FV 15 HP

kindly guide me regarding the above two options.

thanks in advance

Dear Nags,
Sorry have considered quite a few other subwoofers too, and have shortlisted these two finally and i want to take a call on one of them.

thanks for your suggestion

with regards,:signthankspin:
srini

hi Shaiju,

i have been reading a lot about Rythmik one, and no place to take demo for the same,
SVS - audire are distributors.

Rythmik FV 15HP is being compared to SVS PB 13Ultra, a much higher model than svs PB 2000.

Only thing is warranty.

kept my fingers crossed- to make a decision.

thanks for posting.

srini:)

Just ordered the Rythmik FV15HP. Placed a return call request with Rythmik to iron out delivery details. Hope it works out well. Maybe a month of waiting?

Hi,

greetings to all, this is my first query am posting here. i am looking out for subwoofer.

presently my system consists of

HTPC- DENON 3313- connected to KEF Q 900 pair.

have shortlisted two options-

1. SVS pb 2000
2. Rythmik FV 15 HP

kindly guide me regarding the above two options.

thanks in advance

I would go with SVS PB2000. If your priority is more towards movies & you like wall shaking bass, then Ported one's will be an ideal choice.

Whats your budget & room size ?

For SB1000 is 54K & PB1000 is 56.4K @ ARN systems Bangalore.

I'm assuming PB2000 ~ 60 - 65K. Per them they will get new shipment by end of this month.

I'm waiting to get an audition for both SB&PB1000

SVS PB2000
17-260 Hz +/- 3 dB
500 watts RMS continuous (1100 watts peak dynamic)
DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions
Awesome user reviews

Rythmik FV 15 HP

14 - 200 Hz (-2 dB @ 17 Hz, -6db@14hz) with LFE inputs
600 RMS class H patented servo controlled

Hi Arjun,

Just noticed in your signature that our projector and AVR models are same :)

Panasonic PT-AR100 | Marantz AVR SR6008

I ordered Rythmik after reading up reviews. It's got a positive everywhere.

Just received an email from Rythmik (Brian Ding) asking me how to ship; US -> IN or US -> HK -> IN, the former being more expensive.

Srini,

Thanks for putting up Rythmik FV15HP in your post. I was planning SVS but Rythmik has more favorable reviews all over in terms of output and punch which is what I need for movies. Right now it will be huge for my room (16*12) but I'll be moving it to a larger space in 2 years time. So want to avoid the frequent subwoofer upgrades.

It is not going to be a cheap purchase and hope it is worth it.

hi shaiju,
thanks for replying, i asked you because just today i placed order for Rythmik FV 15 HP with avenue sound, Mumbai, who says- there are official distributors for Rythmik in India.

and totally its working out to be near to One lakh.

My concern was - in case of warranty issues- one needs to ship it to US.

so was curious to know about your purchase..

srini

Last edited:
Srini,

I've placed the order but the shipment details are being worked out with Rythmik.

So in case of problems with the sub will Avenue Sound own responsibility and expenses to ship it back to US or they have service / repair centers too in India?

hi shaiju,
thanks for replying, i asked you because just today i placed order for Rythmik FV 15 HP with avenue sound, Mumbai, who says- there are official distributors for Rythmik in India.

and totally its working out to be near to One lakh.

My concern was - in case of warranty issues- one needs to ship it to US.

so was curious to know about your purchase..

srini
Are you serious, can we purchase the rhythmic fv15hp for Rs.100000 here in India without having to go through all the hassles involved in importing?

The last I saw, the fv15hp's equivalent model the svs pb13 ultra was selling for around Rs.180000. So, what you are saying is true then it is a great deal. A killer sub at a reasonable Indian price.

hi,

you heard right, even i was sceptical about it- rythmik at One lakh- but then after discussing with ashish of avenue sound and few mail exchanges- i was told that it was available.

Rythmik - direct sale price-- $ 1339. on its website- so i think it is reasonably possible.

and svs pb 13 ultra- black oak finish was quoted nearly 2.10 lakhs from audire, coimbatore.

srini

not the least-

I should say Thanks to DENOM for posting about the dealership and availability of RYTHMIK with ashish of avenue sound.

srini :clapping:

may be, they are importing the kit and making the subwoofer-box here in India. This will reduce the cost by large margin. Just my wild guess.

Is there by any chance that we could find such dealers who import the JTR or Seaton products and sell them here in India at a reasonable price? Please share if anyone has any idea regarding this, because it will be very helpful to many of us.

hi,

we shall wait and see- whats gonna turn out.

expected duration of delivery 15-20 days.

will let you people know about it.:)

thanks,

srini

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back