Suggestion required for choosing a Projector

Musical Assassin

Hey guy's I'm interested in updating my room with new audio and new visual setup.
So I'm first updating the visual setup. Then we will jump on audio
So I'm thinking to get a Projector for my living room.
Well distance between me and the projector would be around 14ft.
I'm totally a noob when it comes to projectors soo I'm asking help from experts .
Anyway my budget is around 1 lakh can stretch it to 1.2lakhs.
I'm from Delhi soo can you guy's also recommend the dealer from where i can get the equipment.
Thanks for the help.

in sale section, FM is selling a epson tw6700 for 70k. In case you can go with used route, that is a very good projector. You can negotiate the price

in sale section, FM is selling a epson tw6700 for 70k. In case you can go with used route, that is a very good projector. You can negotiate the price
Sorry I'm little conscious about using old electronic products.
Can you guy's recommend me something which is new?

At a budget of 1.2L you can have a look at Epson TW-7100 4K Projector, @vikramdesigner owns one and he can help you with further feedback. As per videos i had seen seems to have very good clarity.
But why some people say that it is not true 4k. It just upscales 1080p x 4. Can someone shed more light on this. Benq W2700 seems to be true 4k (not native 4k though) with pixel shifting technology.

But why some people say that it is not true 4k. It just upscales 1080p x 4. Can someone shed more light on this. Benq W2700 seems to be true 4k (not native 4k though) with pixel shifting technology.
Epson only upscales the Picture twice. So it will be 1080p X 2. You will have around 4 million pixels. DLP will have 8million.

At a budget of 1.2L you can have a look at Epson TW-7100 4K Projector, @vikramdesigner owns one and he can help you with further feedback. As per videos i had seen seems to have very good clarity.
Epson,,7100 no stock available due to covid situation.they have long waiting list for that as told by Epson distributor Bangalore. 9400 is readily available as of now

Epson only upscales the Picture twice. So it will be 1080p X 2. You will have around 4 million pixels. DLP will have 8million.

Yup despite this the Epson are still higher rated than the Benq counterparts in the reviews.
Has put me in a fix , every review seems to favor the the 9400w in terms of deeper blacks, better clarity but my mounting distance is only 11 feet which ends up with 75 inch projected image on EPSON and 120 inch projected image on the BenQ.

Yup despite this the Epson are still higher rated than the Benq counterparts in the reviews.
Has put me in a fix , every review seems to favor the the 9400w in terms of deeper blacks, better clarity but my mounting distance is only 11 feet which ends up with 75 inch projected image on EPSON and 120 inch projected image on the BenQ.
Its 110" not 75 inch

Any reviews about epson eh tw 750 and 5650 projector?
I have been using Epson tw 650 from
last 20 months, tw750 is same as tw650 with same lens and just couple of new features.
I am pretty happy with it most of the times as it produces great colors but in dark scenes it struggles a bit as the dark details are lost. Movies that are bright like Mad Max, Man of steel etc, look awesome but when watching dark movies like Godzilla king of monsters, I feel like upgrading the projector. If you will be watching mostly Indian movies, it gonna look very good even in dark scenes (don't know why). Its just the dark scenes in Hollywood movies that look bit washout. If you don't have enough budget and want big screen cinema like experience, then you can definitely go with Epson tw750/650 or can look at tw5650 which has better contrast ratio that will give better performance.

Are you sure projector central mentions 75 inch at a distance of 10 feet at 1.15x , need to stretch to 1.3x i guess for 110 inches. Will it be fine ?
With maximum streching the brightness reducesbut if it's in dark room it doesn't make much difference.
I have 150" screen now with projector distance of about 16.2 ft . My lens streched to 1.55(max1.61)of Epson 6700 I don't see much difference between 120" screen which I had earlier.
It doesakes difference if room light not controlled

With maximum streching the brightness reducesbut if it's in dark room it doesn't make much difference.
I have 150" screen now with projector distance of about 16.2 ft . My lens streched to 1.55(max1.61)of Epson 6700 I don't see much difference between 120" screen which I had earlier.
It doesakes difference if room light not controlled

When you say controlled , does it need to be a completely dark room ? Currently I put my curtains and tie another curtain on top of it. After late evening's it becomes pitch dark otherwise there is ambient light

When you say controlled , does it need to be a completely dark room ? Currently I put my curtains and tie another curtain on top of it. After late evening's it becomes pitch dark otherwise there is ambient light
Ya not complete dark room . even if bright daylight controlled enough then it doesn't matter much.for a screen size of 100-110 it hardly matter as increase in screen size again reduces brightness further.

definetly the epson 9400 is better choice over the DLP counter parts. I had the oppurtunity to Demo the epson 9400 but did not want to strech my budget so settled for UHD50x without a demo. The epson was much more sharper compared to Uhd50x despite half the pixels. Must be due to the lens. The contrast of 9400 is really good. I should have taken the 9400

Last edited:
actually the brightness increases when you are closer to the screen ie at max zoom.
i dont think you will have a problem using it at the max zoom

definetly the epson 9400 is better choice over the DLP counter parts. I had the oppurtunity to Demo the epson 9400 but did not want to strech my budget so settled for UHD50x without a demo. The epson was much more sharper compared to Uhd50x despite half the pixels. Must be due to the lens. The contrast of 9400 is really good. I should have taken the 9400
But I'm unable to digest the fact that it is not true 4k and go ahead with Epson tw7100 even though it has better picture. I'm torn between tw7100 and BenQ w2700.

I have been using Epson tw 650 from
last 20 months, tw750 is same as tw650 with same lens and just couple of new features.
I am pretty happy with it most of the times as it produces great colors but in dark scenes it struggles a bit as the dark details are lost. Movies that are bright like Mad Max, Man of steel etc, look awesome but when watching dark movies like Godzilla king of monsters, I feel like upgrading the projector. If you will be watching mostly Indian movies, it gonna look very good even in dark scenes (don't know why). Its just the dark scenes in Hollywood movies that look bit washout. If you don't have enough budget and want big screen cinema like experience, then you can definitely go with Epson tw750/650 or can look at tw5650 which has better contrast ratio that will give better performance.
Thank you everyone. For the help

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back