Suggestion required: LCD/Plasma TV-32"-42"-Budget<45K

baccilus

The viewing distance will be 4' and sometimes 7'.
The light won't be too controlled because mom likes to keep shades open.
Will mostly be watching Airtel TV on it. Yet to buy it but I will get the HD one. I like to watch movies and rest of the family watches news or serials.
Will also watch movies on it on weekend, mostly BDRips and DVDRips.
If it doesn't support enough Video formats I will buy a media player later but a built in capability would be nicer.

I currently own a 21" CRT TV which is 25 years old. I want to know if I should look at some budget Plasma 42" TV or 32" would be sufficient for me. I have the Samsung 32C530 in mind. Also tell about the price I should expect to get it for.

hi!
45k is pretty good budget.why don't you look for 42 LG 80fr (which was available in ezone online until 4 days back for 48k with airtel HD dth!) and toshiba 42 RV600E for 40K ? both are LCDs. Plasma-my pick would be LG 42 pj560 among pannys,LGs -but with 45k and bright room i strongly recommend a FHD LCD.. if looking for the LG LCD i told,race,coz it's fast vanishing in market as it's last years model..

Yup, you should definitely be looking for a 42."

The whole thing about smaller viewing distance meaning you should buy a smaller TV is just hogwash, in my opinion. Especially when you're watching movies, bigger is ALWAYS better, I say!

42" full HD (LCD if the room is bright) is a choice you can't go wrong with, it's also future proof.

Well, then can you also suggest some 2010 models of 42" LCD's. I shall be buying two TV's, one for a friend. So I may get some discount. Moreover, I am ready to wait for the festival season which is very near. This is just in case I can't find any 42LG 80FR when I buy.

Will it be able to play movies in mp4 and avi from pen drive?

LG 42LD460
Movie File Formats:
(*.mpg/*.mpeg/*dat/*.ts/*.trp/*.tp/*.vob/*.mp4/*.mov/*.mkv/*.divx/*.avi/*.asf/*.wmv/*/*.flv/*.
avi(motion-jpeg)/*.mp4(motion-jpeg)/*.mkv(motion-jpeg))supporting file
Video format : DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.x, DivX6, Xvid1.00, Xvid1.01, Xvid1.02, Xvid1.03, Xvid1.10 beta-1/beta-2, Mpeg-1, Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, H.264/AVC, VC1, JPEG, Sorenso H.263

Audio format:
Dolby Digital, AAC, Mpeg, MP3, LPCM, HEAAC, ADPCM, WMA
Bit rate : within 32 kbps to 320 kbps(MP3)

External Subtitle format:
*.smi/*.srt/*.sub(MicroDVD,Subviewer1.0/2.0)/*.ass/*.ssa/*.txt(TMPlayer)
psb(PowerDivX)

Video Resolution:
HD videos with a maximum of 1920x1080@25/30P or 1280x720@50/60P are supported, depending on the frame.
Videos with resolutions higher than 1920X1080@25/30P or 1280x720@50/60P may not work properly depending on the frame

Note:
We do not guarantee smooth playback of profiles encoded level 4.1 or higher in H.264/AVC.
DTS Audio codec is not supported.
A movie file more than 30 GB in file size is not supported for playback.
A DivX movie file and its subtitle file must be located in the same folder.
A video file name and its subtitle file name must be identical for it to be displayed.

source ~ LG Manual

42LD460 seems like the best option for me. And afaik, sitting too close to an LCD is not a problem, however in plasmas the jagged edges are too visible.
Guys, if i can't get 45k bucks while buying, i will buy the pj560. My friend will definitely buy pj560 unless he listens to the salesman rather than me. His family watches tv in the dark with a distance of around 10 feet. Last year he bout a 26" samsung lcd and he really regrets it now.

The viewing distance will be 4' and sometimes 7'.
The light won't be too controlled because mom likes to keep shades open.
Will mostly be watching Airtel TV on it. Yet to buy it but I will get the HD one. I like to watch movies and rest of the family watches news or serials.
Will also watch movies on it on weekend, mostly BDRips and DVDRips.
If it doesn't support enough Video formats I will buy a media player later but a built in capability would be nicer.

I currently own a 21" CRT TV which is 25 years old. I want to know if I should look at some budget Plasma 42" TV or 32" would be sufficient for me. I have the Samsung 32C530 in mind. Also tell about the price I should expect to get it for.

if u wanna spend 45k for 32 inch tv then go for led, the LG Infinia 32LE5500 32 inches LED TV ,this is available for 43 k in delhi with airtel hd dth.
check out for this model in Chandigarh.

Last edited:
If i buy a plasma, will the channel logos cause burn in? Is there any way to avoid that apart from not watching anything but DVD Rips?

I think that vramak got a Samsung plasma a while back which had burn-in... there was a clearly discernible image of the sony max IPL logo. So, yes I think channel logos can cause burn in. Though you can use the zoom feature on the TV to cut out most channel logos. PM vramak and ask him.... this guy is one of the few people on this forum who knows his stuff.

I think that vramak got a Samsung plasma a while back which had burn-in... there was a clearly discernible image of the sony max IPL logo. So, yes I think channel logos can cause burn in. Though you can use the zoom feature on the TV to cut out most channel logos. PM vramak and ask him.... this guy is one of the few people on this forum who knows his stuff.

Well, that is so disappointing. Those salesmen would be so happy to hear this.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back