Suggestions ebay/Amazon

Arularasu

Hi Guys,

Am planning to buy (Onkyo TX-NR818 ) in Ebay.com/Amazon. Can anyone suggest me your experience, whether i need to pay any custom duty charges?

Onkyo TX-NR818 THX 3D-Ready 7.2-Channel Network Home Theater A/V Receiver (Rs. 62309) - Rs. 62309(including shipping)

Amazon.com: Onkyo TX-NR818 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Black): Crawford's Superstore - Rs. 56795(including shipping)

Note:- I have already bought many things from Ebay.com/Amazon but all items are small like mobile battery,mobile case,headset so they are not charged any duty. I would like to know for this product whether i need to pay any custome duty charges. Checked here in Chennai price is 1 Lakh. Is it a good deal from buying Amazon/Ebay.com. Please share your suggestions and ideas becoz "Hard-earned Money":). This is my first HT setup. So am planning to buy one by one.

Thanks & Regards,

N. ARULARASU

Did u check the gray market prices in chennai ? Check with grandcinema, I heard they sell both ways with B&W and without.

Importing from Dubai, Malaysia and Thai countries will give you decent pricing and compatible voltage.

Did u check the gray market prices in chennai ? Check with grandcinema, I heard they sell both ways with B&W and without.

Importing from Dubai, Malaysia and Thai countries will give you decent pricing and compatible voltage.

Address & Contact number of Grandcinema?

Buying electronics from USA is not a good idea. Note that the AVRs you are considering are powerful and big. You will need an equally capable step-down transformer for the same. This big box will attract a lot of dust, webs, mites, etc.

And yes. You will have to pay shipping and customs. If you take your order to near completion (one step before submitting), Amazon.com will tell you the exact amounts.

Hi
My Nr818 from AMAZON.DE is on its way. its 230v.
Total cost 69500 rupees including customs and shipping . I may receive some import fees refund ( not sure how much ) after 60 days
If you get from US from amazon you need to spend additional 5k for step down transformer.
What you mentioned from crawford store doesnt include customs ( 10-15 k extra )
Ebay - usually open box items, wouldnt recommend

Hope this helps
Regards

Arun

Back