Suggestions for a decent low budget 2 channel system?

govindp

Guys,

Looking for suggestions:

I'm lookig out for a 2 channel system (music only) for my sister.

1. Kind of music she and her family listen to are: Indian classical, hindi movies (both old and new) etc. Not a high volume listeners.
2. Budget is 25 - 30k for amp and speakers. Source will be a sony DVD player they have (as of now).
3. She did not like Wharfedale 9.1. Sound was more "closed" as per her taste. Also, preferece is tower speakers.
4. Listening area - 12 X 15 ft.

I was thinking of a norge combo of 2060 amp + Norge twr 125 speakers (tower). anybody have any feedback on this combo? Will norge 1000+ Norge twr 125 better? or Norge 2060 + Norge bookshelf??? or are there any other suggestions for the budget given????

We dont have much choice to do an audition as we ar ein a small town:sad:

Thanks!
Govind.

for 12x15 room
Norge 2060 + norge BS
Norge 2060 + wharfdale 9.2/mission m32/CA sirocco s30 BS

I strongly suspect that if Sony DVDP was used as source, the sound may have appearded closed. Even a pioneer 420 is way better at 4.1k.

I was thinking of a norge combo of 2060 amp + Norge twr 125 speakers (tower). anybody have any feedback on this combo?

DENOM has same combo i think..Denom please help

Will norge 1000+ Norge twr 125 better? or Norge 2060 + Norge bookshelf??? or are there any other suggestions for the budget given????

Thanks!
Govind.

Think of vintage stuff too..you may get good bargain..
also try to get a decent source...like
Flac music on PC + Decent sound card like AsusXonar
Or USB dac ( Fiio is available for less than 5000 ,or try ebay.com)

OR

USED CD Player

Govind ... looks like a good Stereo Amp is what will suit your needs.

I would strongly recommend the Yamaha RX-497 with book-shelves from Yamaha. However, you'd have to increase your budget by about 8-10k.

I also think you need a better source than your Sony. I own a Sony DVDP too, but realised that I'd need to change that too.

Cheers,
Pannaga

for 12x15 room
Norge 2060 + norge BS
Norge 2060 + wharfdale 9.2/mission m32/CA sirocco s30 BS

I strongly suspect that if Sony DVDP was used as source, the sound may have appearded closed. Even a pioneer 420 is way better at 4.1k.

For your budget above is the most VFM products you will get.
Go for 2060 + Norge Millenium BS for your kind of music. You don't need floorstanders.

You can use the sony dvdp as of now and save up for a next upgrade (good source). I personally have a Sony dvdp+norge 2030+norge millenium BS and its a excellent combination for stepping into the hifi world.

i think a quality low power integrated amp with high sensitivity full rangers (like the audire callistoes ) would also be a good alternative to look at besides all the very good recommendations made here...

i think a quality low power integrated amp with high sensitivity full rangers (like the audire callistoes ) would also be a good alternative to look at besides all the very good recommendations made here...

Will it fit into 20-30 k budget?

i am quite positive because i have bought one..even Rahul (Gobble) has bought a sub 30K speakers from audire...and both of us are quite satisfied with our purchases...

i am quite positive because i have bought one..even Rahul (Gobble) has bought a sub 30K speakers from audire...and both of us are quite satisfied with our purchases...

Mine cost 34k ... A little more than FS due to difficult curved cabinet design... But I would only recommend fullrange if there is atleast one tube on the path.... Why don't the OP consider DIY GC?

Spoke to Dave. He was very helpful with all ifnormation about Norge 2060 + Norge Towers.. Looks like a good combo.

Will try to audition Wharfe 9.2s next week..

I would strongly recommend the Yamaha RX-497 with book-shelves from Yamaha. However, you'd have to increase your budget by about 8-10k.

I have a RX 497 myself. Was using it along with Wharfidale 9.5.. As I moved my speakers to my 5.1 fronts, RX497 is waiting for new speakers:licklips:

For your budget above is the most VFM products you will get.
Go for 2060 + Norge Millenium BS for your kind of music. You don't need floorstanders.
Need to think about Norge BS too..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back