• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Suggestions for a good quality step dowm transformer

newlash09

Hi all :)

Iam in need of a good quality ( mainly silent with no hum ) step down transformer for running my US voltage audio gear. I did see some Maxine step down transformers on Amazon, but not sure if they are quality enough for use in a music system. Will be grateful for any suggestions, and forum member experiences with any that they are using or have used in the past. Thanks

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

bornfi

I would say depending on your skill level, cost of the item/warranty etc, if you can, open the unit (demount the transformer if needed) to check numbers on it. Usually the transformers are made to cater both US and India voltages and it is just that they are hard-wired differently based on the region it was made for. If you can share the numbers on transformer with me, I can or in fact there are several techies here who can help.

newlash09

I would say depending on your skill level, cost of the item/warranty etc, if you can, open the unit (demount the transformer if needed) to check numbers on it. Usually the transformers are made to cater both US and India voltages and it is just that they are hard-wired differently based on the region it was made for. If you can share the numbers on transformer with me, I can or in fact there are several techies here who can help.
Thanks a lot bornfi :)

Never knew I could change the internal transformer of the kit itself to accommodate indian power supply. But if feasable it would really save me a great deal of headache. Iam presently away and travelling. Will post internal pics and numbers on the transformers as soon as Iam back. Thanks again for the suggestion. Much appreciated :)

mathan

Thanks a lot bornfi :)

Never knew I could change the internal transformer of the kit itself to accommodate indian power supply. But if feasable it would really save me a great deal of headache. Iam presently away and travelling. Will post internal pics and numbers on the transformers as soon as Iam back. Thanks again for the suggestion. Much appreciated :)
Well in case if you would still like to use the transformer, maxine is the best. There is definitely no hum. Have been using one with an audio gear for several years without any problem.

Mayank Shah

+1 to Maxine. I would buy from the local electronic/electrical market rather than Amazon for certain products, this being one.

reachkalyan.kr

Hi all :)

Iam in need of a good quality ( mainly silent with no hum ) step down transformer for running my US voltage audio gear. I did see some Maxine step down transformers on Amazon, but not sure if they are quality enough for use in a music system. Will be grateful for any suggestions, and forum member experiences with any that they are using or have used in the past. Thanks
Hi
Better you purchase from offline local market after checking it thoroughly.Checking means voltage output and physical appearance.
Once I was searching for Stepdown in the local market .Most of the Stepdown trafo was in damaged condition.It is not the quality issue, the imbalance trafo weight load on the casing makes the case damage and tripper damage etc.
Two I rejected in the offline shop itself while purchasing .we cannot blame the company but the shipment .
That bitter experience happened with Maxine only for 1.5kva rating.may be the trafo is bigger in size for 1.5kva that's where the problem.
whatever it is just my input.
But performance wise there was no issue and I sold the same here about 2yrs back once my onkyo fried for some other issue.
ATB.

Dr.Lakshay

Go for maxine. Not just me but a lot of forum members are using it. I ordered mine online(amazon) and also checked it via multimeter before using it. Works great without any heating, or humming.

newlash09

Thanks for all your inputs gents :)

Maxine seems to be a very good option indeed. Do they have any models with inbuilt isolation transformer by any chance. I have power OCD I must admit. I will be using a isotek power conditioner from the Maxine. But nothing really beats a isolation transformer in my opinion. Thanks to kindly let me know. And thanks again for all your time :)

Dr.Lakshay

Thanks for all your inputs gents :)

Maxine seems to be a very good option indeed. Do they have any models with inbuilt isolation transformer by any chance. I have power OCD I must admit. I will be using a isotek power conditioner from the Maxine. But nothing really beats a isolation transformer in my opinion. Thanks to kindly let me know. And thanks again for all your time :)
Please find their contact number from Google and call them. Even i called them before purchasing my unit and was also thinking of isolation transformer. The guy was very helpful and answered all my queries.

Naturelover

Staff member

SPONSORED ADS
SPONSORED ADS