Suggestions for a Projector for a Home theater Epson tw5300/ Benq1110/ Benq 2000

Sachin23

Hi guys I am a complete noob when it comes to projectors and I am looking to buy a projector for a Home theater. I have been suggested to go with either Benq1110 or Epson tw5300. Which one would you recommend and why? Also is the extra money for benq2000 or tw6600 worth it? The room can be made completely dark so that is not the problem. And the main use would be movies and occasional gaming.
Please suggest which one should I go with.

I havnt seen benqs in action, so cannot comment on it, but spec says it has lower contrast ratios and brightness compared to Epsons you have mentioned. Also Epsons are 3LCD which is a boon to those who are troubled by rainbow effect of DLP PJs.
Though tw6600 has better contrast and brightness, the real USP for 6600 is its ability to shift lens, especially when you cannot place the projector at dead center to the screen. If that is not an issue for you, feel free to chose tw5300 as it gives good value for money you spend, but ensure you do a demo before you finalize.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back