Suggestions for an Online Music Streaming Service

afj

Hi Guys

Looking for suggestions for an online music streaming service. Few features that im looking for

1. Music quality should be minimum 320kbps

2. Should play ideally both radio stations and also search by individual artist / song

3. Very importantly - Should auto play / auto suggest songs similar to the one i've searched for. Basically the same feature that youtube gives. I love youtubes suggestion platform

4. Should have to option to play a list of songs by artist / album. Filter by most popular

5. Create playlists

So basically the youtube for music, except no ads and good quality music. Having radio channel is a plus

6. Dont mind subscription as long as its reasonable

Thanks a lot!

Also got in touch with Cambridge Audio for subscription on beta Tidal services for streaming on CA CXN.

Hi Guys

Looking for suggestions for an online music streaming service. Few features that im looking for

1. Music quality should be minimum 320kbps

2. Should play ideally both radio stations and also search by individual artist / song

3. Very importantly - Should auto play / auto suggest songs similar to the one i've searched for. Basically the same feature that youtube gives. I love youtubes suggestion platform

4. Should have to option to play a list of songs by artist / album. Filter by most popular

5. Create playlists

So basically the youtube for music, except no ads and good quality music. Having radio channel is a plus

6. Dont mind subscription as long as its reasonable

Thanks a lot!
Most of the online streaming sites available in India (pro/paid versions) have got all the features you want. Subscribe to apple music trial (free for 3 months) or hungama pro (1 month) or Saavn (7 days) or Google play music (14 days) to get a hang of them. Then continue with the one you like the most.

Most of the online streaming sites available in India (pro/paid versions) have got all the features you want. Subscribe to apple music trial (free for 3 months) or hungama pro (1 month) or Saavn (7 days) or Google play music (14 days) to get a hang of them. Then continue with the one you like the most.

Thanks a lot. Mostly listen to english music - so not sure if hungama or saavn will work for me. Will try out apple and google music

There was lot of press in December that Tidal might close down soon due to losses. There was some mention of it in this forum as well.

I am using the trial version currently of Tidal and its very good quality especially for FLAC called as "Hi-Fi" mode. Has some good Indian songs collection in most of the languages. I think the family plan on this is a very option if I think 5 to 6 people can join and opt for the service. Should come around 500 per month or so in the family plan of Hi-Fi mode.

I have never used Tidal. Don't know about it!

1. Music quality should be minimum 320kbps - Spotify, Jio Music, Gaana, GPM, Saavn

2. Should play ideally both radio stations and also search by individual artist / song - Spotify, Jio Music, Gaana, GPM, Saavn

3. Very importantly - Should auto play / auto suggest songs similar to the one I've searched for. Basically the same feature that youtube gives. I love youtube suggestion platform - Spotify suggests the best song, sadly it doesn't have all the songs. Quality wise Jio Music and Gaana sound good to me.

4. Should have to option to play a list of songs by artist/album. Filter by most popular - Spotify, Jio Music, Gaana, GPM, Saavn

5. Create playlists - Spotify, Jio Music, Gaana, GPM, Saavn

6. Don't mind subscription as long as its reasonable - Spotify is free, Jio Music is available with Jio Sim, Gaana, GPM, and Saavn are quite reasonable.

I use Spotify (English), Gaana or Jio Music (Hindi, Regional) for my personal use. Also you can use Newpipe, iytbp which is basically works kinda like a music player for music. It can play YouTube in the background.

I just signed up for Amazon Prime and I think it's a steal at Rs 999 for an Annual subscription

I've been streaming music all morning and the sound is not bad by any means. Very good choice of genres and has all the usual mainstream choices covered. Regional language choices are available although I have not explored them. I enjoyed some Bollywood and mainstream Pop while I tried it out. Prime Movies which comes included is a huge bonus. I watched the "Kong : Skull Island (2017)" movie for a little bit yesterday evening and it was great.

This is going to be a great option for many - killer deal at the Rs 999 price point.

Regards.

Well I do not get the option of casting over to my Chromecast audio from the Amazon prime music app on my iPad :(

I think it can only do casting over to Alexa device.

Currently Spotify seems best option for quality but using VPN and paid subscription. I have used all. Saavn, Jio and Gaana etc.

I just signed up for Amazon Prime and I think it's a steal at Rs 999 for an Annual subscription

I've been streaming music all morning and the sound is not bad by any means. Very good choice of genres and has all the usual mainstream choices covered. Regional language choices are available although I have not explored them. I enjoyed some Bollywood and mainstream Pop while I tried it out. Prime Movies which comes included is a huge bonus. I watched the "Kong : Skull Island (2017)" movie for a little bit yesterday evening and it was great.

This is going to be a great option for many - killer deal at the Rs 999 price point.

Regards.

I got it last year for free for signing up for prime membership. It was 500 rupees then. The selection is great for the price. No surround though...big deal!.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back