Suggestions for cart upgrade

Bloom@83

Banned
Banned
Hi all

I’m planning to upgrade the cartridge on my Project Debut Carbon in sometime. Currently it’s playing on default Ortofon 2M Red.

Please suggest cart with best VFM that won’t burn a hole in pocket.

Ortofon 2M Blue will be the easiest upgrade as simply styli needs to be changed without any further modifications, but I’m looking for other options within a lesser price with better (?) output .

Hi all

I’m planning to upgrade the cartridge on my Project Debut Carbon in sometime. Currently it’s playing on default Ortofon 2M Red.

Please suggest cart with best VFM that won’t burn a hole in pocket.

Ortofon 2M Blue will be the easiest upgrade as simply styli needs to be changed without any further modifications, but I’m looking for other options within a lesser price with better (?) output .

Check out this excellent vfm cart which won't burn a hole in your pocket but would be a tremendous step up from the 2M Red.

I don't know. You can calculate compatibility with respect to resonance and gain for your tonearm and phono respectively. If it matches, then it sure is a great cartridge as I am discovering.

Both are low compliance cart and not compatible with this low mass tonearm.
Most MCs are low compliance and need medium to heavy tonearm.

Regards
Sachin
They provide weight plate for low mass tone arms , I’m currently using 301 mk3 with my project debut Carbon DC.

They provide weight plate for low mass tone arms , I’m currently using 301 mk3 with my project debut Carbon DC.
I know that adding weight on headshell doesn't make it best match for overall low mass. I will not sound bad but high compliance carts of approx same price range would be better.
DL110 is no longer made, so the prices are very high. It used to available at approx $110, when USD was INR 45.
BTW : DL301 is very good cart.

Regards
Sachin

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back