Suggestions for Front Speakers within 1 Lac budget

druk2004

Friends,

I intend to upgrade my front speakers. My AVR is Denon 1600H.
Use: Music 70%, Movies 30%. Room Size 20x12

Please recommend speakers with good bass. Till now I shortlisted, Polk RTi A7.

BR
Roy

I wound go for a separate 2.0/.1 system for Music with a better amplifier and leave the current rig for Movies. X1600H won't do justice with 1L Rupee speakers.

I wound go for a separate 2.0/.1 system for Music with a better amplifier and leave the current rig for Movies. X1600H won't do justice with 1L Rupee speakers.
Thats the evolution. Want to buy a good pair of speakers now and use it with AVR. And add 2 channel Amp later.

Polk Reserve 200/100 is worth considering. It was a surprise for me that how clean those can sound. Since you are already using Polk, I assume you like their sound signature and hence this suggestion.

Polk Reserve 200/100 is worth considering. It was a surprise for me that how clean those can sound. Since you are already using Polk, I assume you like their sound signature and hence this suggestion.
Thanks for your suggestions. Will audition this.

Around 11 feet. I prefer towers ... dont want to get into searching stands for bookshelves :)
The top the bottom of the speaker drivers should measure less than 2 feet for coherent sound.
I.e 1/5 th of the distance from speakers.

Polk A7 wouldn't be a right choice.
Extend your budget slightly and get REVEL f35.

Good luck

Friends,

BR
Roy
Try to get a demo of the Q3050i / Concept 40 if you can stretch the budget a bit. Both are very capable floorstanders. IMO they'll be a definite step up from your current FS.

Q3050i has a 5.5 inch driver ... isn't it too small to generate good bass ?
Not at all. These speakers have a well-known reputation for being bass-heavy. You'll be surprised what those small 5.5 midbass woofers can do. Having said that, we all have our own expectations with regard to what constitutes "good" bass.

Not at all. These speakers have a well-known reputation for being bass-heavy. You'll be surprised what those small 5.5 midbass woofers can do. Having said that, we all have our own expectations with regard to what constitutes "good" bass.
thats true ... I will audition these ... and also the Oberon5

Friends,

BR
Roy
Thats the evolution. Want to buy a good pair of speakers now and use it with AVR. And add 2 channel Amp later.
Around 11 feet. I prefer towers ... dont want to get into searching stands for bookshelves :)
Any other comparable speakers from other brands ?
From my experience I can draw up a list for your requirements and room size:

Q Acoustic Concept 40 (You could try the 3050is too, but once you have listened to the Concepts, there might be no going back)

PSB Alpha T20 (The best value for money floorstanders I have listened to)

The closest value for money for the above option would be the Paradigm 6000F and the Emotiva T1+.

Of course, you should check out the Dali Oberon 5s.

Then, there are the always good entry-level KEFs, Focals, and Revels within your price range. The F35s blew me away. Give it a listen and see if you can stretch your budget if you really like it.

And the choice always comes down to how easy they are to power, of course.

Having said all that, if I had to give you a tl;dr:
Just make it a straightforward shootout between the Dali Oberon 5 and the Q Acoustic Concept 40.

Can not go wrong with those two sweeties.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back