Suggestions for Home Theater under INR60-65k

dushyant79

Hello Guys,

Hope you all are doing good...I am new here and am looking to get opinion on buying a 5.1ch home theater system for my home. My main criteria is it should have Dolby Atmos and should be under 70k (speakers + receiver).

Please suggest me good receiver and speaker system combo. I have looked at couple of Denon's and Yamaha's receiver.

I would prefer either Denon/Yamaha/Onkyo receiver and for speaker sets I have seen following on internet but not sure how the sound would be:

1) Polk Audio TL1600
2) JBL Cinesystem500SI
3) Wharfdale DX1se

If you have something else as well please let me know..

Looking to buy it in a week..Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Dushyant

Dolby Atmos receiver plus any of the above will be around 100k.
If you want within 70k with same speakers, you can go for basic 5.1 receiver like denon x520

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your feedback.. However after much research on internet, I found these combo better but expensive:

1) Denon AVR-X1300W + Wharfedale DX1-se (around 90k)

For HTIB I shortlisted these:
1) Yamaha YT-2190 system (Around 45k)
2) Onkyo 5805 5.1 system (Around 75k)

Now I am thinking if I let go Atmos requirement then I have many options for receivers under 30k and can pair with Wharfedale DX1-se speaker set.

Does anyone have a feedback on these speakers? I am thinking of pairing it either with Yamaha or Denon X520BT receiver.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Dushyant

For your budget non-dolby atmos receiver with wharfedale dx1se is a good choice. better than HTIB in my opinion.

But again, audition is the key here.

Audition an atmos setup somewhere, like a dealer or someone's home and see if you like it and make sure your room is of the right size. How big is your room?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

My room is 19.9 x 13.10...I am based out in Pune and new here so not sure where I will get to audition multiple brands and combos to get clear idea of what to buy... say if I have to buy everything online without audition will buying a Denon x520BT receiver either with Wharfedale or Polk Audio TL1600 a good choice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.. I think my previous message didn't go through. My room size is 19 x 14 and the viewing distance from TV to Sofa would be approx 8-9 Feet.

I am based out of Pune and fairly new here so don't have much idea where I will be able to audition them. I checked on internet as well but didn't find any place where I can audition various brands/combos.

If I have to buy without auditioning, I would be most probably finalizing on the following combo...Denon x520BT receiver w/Wharfedale DX1-SE. I also saw good reviews for DX1-HCP and MS-100 from Wharfedale. However I believe that SE is the latest one available. While all of them have good reviews hifimart only has the SE available to order.

Does anyone have any suggestions between SE/HCP and MS models and also where to find HCP and MS? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if someone has a recommendation of a better receiver to go with Wharfedales I am open to it provided it's less or equal to same price range.

Thank you..!

Last edited:
There is a thread dedicated to hifi dealers in Pune here in this forum. If you search you will get it.

There is a thread dedicated to hifi dealers in Pune here in this forum. If you search you will get it.

Thank you I found some dealers.. I will go visit them and audition some of these sets.. thank you for your help.

Thanks

Hi,

You could get the below configuration:
- Marantz NR1601
- Taga Harmony TAV606SE (5.0)

Or you could start with something like get a Reciever with Front Speaker Pair, Then centre, subwoofer and so forth.

Few of the dealers in Pune are:
- AVXellence @ DP road
- The Sound Factor @ East Street
- Oceanic Sound and Vision @ M.G. Road
- Cinebels @ Aundh
- Acoustics Solution @ Bavdhan

They all of individual dealership of speakers and recievers. You could have a demo and decide for yourself.

Cheers!

Thank you...I just visited AVXellence and demo'd JBL Cinema 610 with Denon basic amp and it was sounding very good. The store person is recommending Onkyo SR-444 receiver with Onkyo 588 speakers (speakers from 5805 system without Amp). I have asked for quote for both the configs..i.e Denon Amp with 610/588 speaker set and Onkyo Amp with 610/588 speaker set... Also, I am visiting cinebels now to see what options they have.

Thanks,

Thank you...I just visited AVXellence and demo'd JBL Cinema 610 with Denon basic amp and it was sounding very good. The store person is recommending Onkyo SR-444 receiver with Onkyo 588 speakers (speakers from 5805 system without Amp). I have asked for quote for both the configs..i.e Denon Amp with 610/588 speaker set and Onkyo Amp with 610/588 speaker set... Also, I am visiting cinebels now to see what options they have.

Thanks,
good start. do not rush.Try to listen to the same material for every audition, like maybe carry your own discs. especially pay attention to dialogs from the center channel as most of the material is channeled through it.

Hi Dushyant,

As suggested in the post above, carry your own media (Movies, Audio File, etc.) which you use on regular basis or which you would want to listen.

Because an Audio CD would sound much more better than a MP3 file or Movie from a Bluray disc compared to MP4 or MKV files.

Also, don't rush into a decision because when you go for a demo it's customized to there settings and they have various product to enhance the viewing experience.

My recommendation to you would be to build your Unit, step by step. :)

Cheers!

Hi Dushyant,

As suggested in the post above, carry your own media (Movies, Audio File, etc.) which you use on regular basis or which you would want to listen.

Because an Audio CD would sound much more better than a MP3 file or Movie from a Bluray disc compared to MP4 or MKV files.

Also, don't rush into a decision because when you go for a demo it's customized to there settings and they have various product to enhance the viewing experience.

My recommendation to you would be to build your Unit, step by step. :)

Cheers!

Thanks.. I visited Cinebell which was another dealer here in Pune. They specialize in Klipsch and Jamo speakers so they demo'd me Transformers Bluray on Jamo C427 speakers and Marantz Amp...Effects were good however the combo which they suggested me was Denon X1300W + Jamo C427 speakers ...That is also going out of my budget as of now so still trying to evaluate some other brands.

One thing I noted is that all dealers try to force a specific brand/combo in which they specialize even though they sell multiple different brands. When I ask to demo that combo they say they don't have it for Demo :sad:

My concern here is can the speakers be purchased without demo based on dealer suggestions or can I have them demo me the one that they are trying to sell?

Thanks,
Dushyant

Thanks.. I visited Cinebell which was another dealer here in Pune. They specialize in Klipsch and Jamo speakers so they demo'd me Transformers Bluray on Jamo C427 speakers and Marantz Amp...Effects were good however the combo which they suggested me was Denon X1300W + Jamo C427 speakers ...That is also going out of my budget as of now so still trying to evaluate some other brands.

One thing I noted is that all dealers try to force a specific brand/combo in which they specialize even though they sell multiple different brands. When I ask to demo that combo they say they don't have it for Demo :sad:

My concern here is can the speakers be purchased without demo based on dealer suggestions or can I have them demo me the one that they are trying to sell?

Thanks,
Dushyant

cinebels Mumbai also suggested me the same. they dont keep Marantz NR series AVRs, but SR series, and Klipsch reference speakers with them. they have a separate (small) demo-room for Denon. the demo-person was emphasising on Denon (for me to buy)...they dont stock Yamaha or others though anyway.

cinebels Mumbai also suggested me the same. they dont keep Marantz NR series AVRs, but SR series, and Klipsch reference speakers with them. they have a separate (small) demo-room for Denon. the demo-person was emphasising on Denon (for me to buy)...they dont stock Yamaha or others though anyway.

Thanks... so which one did you buy ? I am down to these two receivers :-

Denon x1300w and Onkyo TX-SR444

I am confused in speaker sets as currently I only have these options:

Jbl cinema 610 (demoed and good)
Jamo S426 ( demoed and liked it as well)
Onkyo 588 (not available for demo but salesperson recommending it over other jbl)

Any suggestions would be helpful..

Thanks,

Thanks... so which one did you buy ? I am down to these two receivers :-

Denon x1300w and Onkyo TX-SR444

I am confused in speaker sets as currently I only have these options:

Jbl cinema 610 (demoed and good)
Jamo S426 ( demoed and liked it as well)
Onkyo 588 (not available for demo but salesperson recommending it over other jbl)

Any suggestions would be helpful..

Thanks,

good. i finally purchased Marantz NR1606. Denon x1300w was also my choice. i had liked it. Jamo S426 was also good. dont know about other speakers and onkyo AVR.

i'd suggest a side-by-side comparison between the two, of SQ, features, warranty-period, and service. looking about it at the first glance, x1300w seems to be a better option to me.

Thanks,
Dushyant

Yes Dushyant. Each one of these dealers would pitch a specific Receiver and Speakers combo. :)

So, have a look & research on the AVR which best suits your requirement and budget. Then concentrate on the speakers.

Just to give you an outline:

- Marantz : IMO Marantz is slightly inclined towards Music. But, the performance of it is no less for Movies.

- Denon : It's more movie oriented and would have most features when compared others in the same price range.

Also, in my experience I have seen that dealers in Pune quote just anything. You would have to do research on that too in terms of pricing.

You are on the same path as me a while back. I ended purchasing:
Marantz NR1606 and Boston Acoustics A26 (Front Bookshelf Speakers). I am gradually building my system.

Cheers! :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back