Suggestions for HomeTheater (Denon/ ELAC/ Sonodyne/ Chairs/ Console)

Friends,
Please suggest me if I am purchasing a good HT setup or not ?
I was completely a newbie when it comes to HT technical jargons but, hifivision made me took interest in all this. Even now, I am not much into it but, atleast am aware about some brands & some keywords like Center/ Satellite/ Bookshelf/ towers/ AVR, etc ;)

Visited a shop in Noida & shortlisted following 2 setups:

A. Denon x510BT AVR
ELAC Starlet 501

B. Denon x1100W AVR (am more keen on having setup B).
Sonodyne Soms 2504
Sonodyne Cen 2501 V3
Sonodyne 1501 V3
Sonodyne Rear 210

I have a Samsung 6 Series 40 inches LED at my place & thinking to convert one 12*12 type room to dedicated TV/ HT setup room. I need to purchase everything from scratch like TV Console (that can have my TV/ tower speakers, Center mounted on that) + couple of medium size cushion chairs/ TV chairs, etc + a carpet.

For my TV reception: I use a Tata Sky HD+ receiver at my home.

My Usage: 75% movies, 25% music.

My Questions:
1. Are Sonodynes a good brand to trust & would they last for a long time ?
2. If there are any issues, will Sonodyne give a good after sale service ?
3. Read on the forum that Denon1100 has some issues like intermittent bluetooth connectivity/ overheating/ getting resetted after poweroff?
4. Please suggest if I would be able to get the real HD effect on the HD channels that Tata Sky offers. If yes, on which channels ? (as I don't have any Blueray player, etc at my home. Neither I don't intend to buy one).
5. Not sure if there is a dedicated section on hifivision that allows us to see pictures of wooden consoles/ TV cabinets, etc. If not, can anyone suggest me where to look at them (any website that has good designs, alongwith their measurments, etc).
6. Any pointers for seating management like chairs, etc ?
7. If I think of getting a projector installed in the same room (after an year or two), can I get the same configured in the same room as well ? Keeping in mind the size of the room & it doesn't hamper my TV vision (though I can always mount projector screen up when I am not watching it).

I Owned the Sonodyne Sonus series of speakers 2605, c2401, Rears & BS 1501... There are handful of FM who own Sonodyne products... Some had issues in the warranty period and it was rectified during the warranty period...

For your room size, you can settle for Sonus 1501 BS, c2501 & rears speakers....

Denon is a good choice for AVR, you can consider other brand of AVR's too...

I Owned the Sonodyne Sonus series of speakers 2605, c2401, Rears & BS 1501... There are handful of FM who own Sonodyne products... Some had issues in the warranty period and it was rectified during the warranty period...

For your room size, you can settle for Sonus 1501 BS, c2501 & rears speakers....

Denon is a good choice for AVR, you can consider other brand of AVR's too...

Thanks elangoas for taking your time in replying.
I will definitely consider your suggestion.

Do you have any suggestions for my other questions that I posted above ?

Hi Naveen,

As per my understanding i had answered your queries, hope it helps.

1) Sonodyne is a robust product & more then 50 years old Indian company. its very popular in Europe too. especially in studio products.
2) service is good & you can reach them through seller or directly.
3) Denon AVR1100 is a allrounder & awarded product. all amps heatup but to there constant level.
4) Bluetooth works within range, if somebody unknowingly getting disconnected due to range or mobile paring (there must be several reasons), we dont blame denon, even i have marantz & my bluetooth got disconnected as i was roaming inside my home & forgot that music is playing via bluetooth. we have to be logical & have to understand technical reasons.
5) Real 5.1 sound effects from satellite connections come to few channels eg; movies now, star movies, HBO. not rely on hindi channels for sound especially 5.1 dolby. if you want true video & sound experience go for media player or bluray player & try to use good content.
6) check this site for understanding the TV cabinets.
https://www.urbanladder.com/tv-units-tv-stands?gclid=CPDK9I_j9cUCFYgljgod1YoAhA#page-2
7) Yes you can use projector & TV in same room, but you have to get the motorised screen which will be roll off & TV should be behind that screen during projector is used.

Hi Naveen,

1) Sonodyne is a robust product & more then 50 years old Indian company. its very popular in Europe too. especially in studio products.
3) Denon AVR1100 is a allrounder & awarded product. all amps heatup but to there constant level.
4) Bluetooth works within range, if somebody unknowingly getting disconnected due to range or mobile paring (there must be several reasons), we dont blame denon, even i have marantz & my bluetooth got disconnected as i was roaming inside my home & forgot that music is playing via bluetooth. we have to be logical & have to understand technical reasons.
5) Real 5.1 sound effects from satellite connections come to few channels eg; movies now, star movies, HBO. not rely on hindi channels for sound especially 5.1 dolby. if you want true video & sound experience go for media player or bluray player & try to use good content.
https://www.urbanladder.com/tv-units-tv-stands?gclid=CPDK9I_j9cUCFYgljgod1YoAhA#page-2
7) Yes you can use projector & TV in same room, but you have to get the motorised screen which will be roll off & TV should be behind that screen during projector is used.

Hi Naveen,

Thanks elangoas for taking your time in replying.
I will definitely consider your suggestion.

Do you have any suggestions for my other questions that I posted above ?

Though i have HD STB, never used the surround sound from it... I think most programs are aired in Dolby Digital Plus...

Digital Cable and DTH

Take a look at this thread in the forum My Audio/Video Setup for A/V set-ups and if you would like to custom design...

You can look @ soundfoundations.com, a premier place for A/V racks...

Hi Naveen,

Friends,
Please suggest me if I am purchasing a good HT setup or not ?
I was completely a newbie when it comes to HT technical jargons but, hifivision made me took interest in all this. Even now, I am not much into it but, atleast am aware about some brands & some keywords like Center/ Satellite/ Bookshelf/ towers/ AVR, etc ;)

Visited a shop in Noida & shortlisted following 2 setups:

A. Denon x510BT AVR
ELAC Starlet 501

B. Denon x1100W AVR (am more keen on having setup B).
Sonodyne Soms 2504
Sonodyne Cen 2501 V3
Sonodyne 1501 V3
Sonodyne Rear 210

I have a Samsung 6 Series 40 inches LED at my place & thinking to convert one 12*12 type room to dedicated TV/ HT setup room. I need to purchase everything from scratch like TV Console (that can have my TV/ tower speakers, Center mounted on that) + couple of medium size cushion chairs/ TV chairs, etc + a carpet.

For my TV reception: I use a Tata Sky HD+ receiver at my home.

My Usage: 75% movies, 25% music.

My Questions:
1. Are Sonodynes a good brand to trust & would they last for a long time ?
2. If there are any issues, will Sonodyne give a good after sale service ?
3. Read on the forum that Denon1100 has some issues like intermittent bluetooth connectivity/ overheating/ getting resetted after poweroff?
4. Please suggest if I would be able to get the real HD effect on the HD channels that Tata Sky offers. If yes, on which channels ? (as I don't have any Blueray player, etc at my home. Neither I don't intend to buy one).
5. Not sure if there is a dedicated section on hifivision that allows us to see pictures of wooden consoles/ TV cabinets, etc. If not, can anyone suggest me where to look at them (any website that has good designs, alongwith their measurments, etc).
6. Any pointers for seating management like chairs, etc ?
7. If I think of getting a projector installed in the same room (after an year or two), can I get the same configured in the same room as well ? Keeping in mind the size of the room & it doesn't hamper my TV vision (though I can always mount projector screen up when I am not watching it).

I am also new here and cant answer your queries but want to ask where in Noida you visited and get trial of these system ??

I m also from noida and use to go there.. some time to get some thing and some time to just have a chat with Mr. sanjeev. He is a nice person and always suggest in a very personal way, also have a good variety of stuff under his roof.
Sonodyne have good Indian & VFM products, their towers are in my wish list.

Had a word with someone else who setup the HT for home users & work as a freelancer in Delhi.
He suggested not to go with Denon, rather suggested me that I must buy either Yamaha or Onkyo AVRs. He said that Denon doesn't have that good after sale-support in India.
When I told him that many forums do actually suggest Denon as well >> he told me that don't go by forums ;) They aren't aware about these things.
I assumed he isn't aware about the power of Internet these days.

Can anyone of you about this?

Recent products from denon have not been very reliable.. its not just about warranty, what if your avr fails after the warranty has expired?.. look for a product which will last long enough. i have been a silent lurker on many home theatre forums and the general consensus is that yamaha AVRs last long compared to others in the same price range, second comes pioneer.

As a user of denon. Im not promoting it or forcing users to buy the brand. Denon India provides customer service and is reliable. In this forum denon is well regarded and is definately in no way having substandard quality. Yamaha definately has an edge over denon and its counterparts as yamaha has a wide range of products such as musical instruments, etc and has service centers acrobuilding. Denon is mostly into HT, DJ systems and amplifiers and i guess they are really quite good. As far as after sales is concerned. Most of the brands after warranty will repair your product at a very exorbitant rate which then frustrates customers, be it yamaha or denon or any others. Considering your situation, please go with the brand that you like only after a brief audition. Do audition the same sonodyne speakers with multiple avr combos as the sound signature will keep changing along with the swap in the avr. Choose any avr which offers you all the features you would only need or require, dont go in for bells and whistles like bluetooth, wifi, etc as these have a higher rate of failure and can be always added later and compensated by having a media player or htpc once you are ready with the budget for it. Do audition as many setups as you can add this will let you choose from a wider range of products and get you Close to getting whatever you actually have in your mind. This may involve a lot of confusion, don't get frustrated. It's a long process to build a home theater and do not make any hasty decisions. Take your time, browse the forum, ask questions and do consider taking bits and pieces of advice from renowned owners of products and enthusiasts of the ht world. Hope you get your ht up and running soon. Also its really great to see more and more people building dedicated home theaters. All the best on this wonderful journey!!:)

Finally bite the dust & got below setup a couple of days back:

Denon 1100
Sonodynes (as suggested in my initial thread).

Haven't got the time to test it thoroughly...but, planning to do it soon.

Denon 1100

Hey Naveen, I am newbee here. Could you please give the feedback on this and also the cost..thanks

Denon 1100

Hi Naveen,

Congratulation for your purchase.
It will be good if you please specify the sonodyne speaker models you purchased for fronts, center, surrounds (as multiple models mentioned in your initial thread). Also the cost separately for the speakers and AVR.
Let us know how they performing. I am hoping you have already done the setup and tested.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back