Suggestions for Native 4K projectors

Divyam

Hi all,

I am planning to build a dedicated HT with a screen size of 120 inches (acoustically transparent screen).
I have finished researching on projectors as of now. I have narrowed it down to the following (My budget is around 5 lacs for the projector)
I am looking at Native 4K projectors only.

1) BenQ W5700
2) BenQ X12000H
3) JVC DLA-NX7
4) JVC LX-UH1B
5) Optoma UHZ65
6) Optoma UHD60
5) Sony VPL-VW270ES

Kindly help me in selecting the same. I am open to other suggestions from same/different brands also.
I shall also provide any other details that you would require. Thanks in ad

If it was me, I'd avoid Optima/BenQ. Yet to try JVC. But I can vouch for Sony. For Sony, one might need a bat cave.

Hi all,

I am planning to build a dedicated HT with a screen size of 120 inches (acoustically transparent screen).
I have finished researching on projectors as of now. I have narrowed it down to the following (My budget is around 5 lacs for the projector)

1) BenQ W5700
2) BenQ X12000H
3) JVC DLA-NX7
4) JVC LX-UH1B
5) Optoma UHZ65
6) Optoma UHD60
5) Sony VPL-VW270ES

Kindly help me in selecting the same. I am open to other suggestions from same/different brands also.
I shall also provide any other details that you would require. Thanks in ad
Epson & Panasonic , good

Sony gives you a true 4k projector, followed by JVC. Optoma is the best VFM and plays native 4k well for a great price. Epson is great for 1080 content to be upscaled but native 4k not as good as optoma. Check projector central for reviews and specifications.

I'd recommend the JVC NX-7 based on reviews I've read. Doubt it's going to be within your budget though. If you hear a quote that suggests otherwise, please post on here. I'd be seriously tempted.

IMO if you have higher budget ,please stay with JVC & Sony
Sony VPL-VW295es is the latest version of native 4k .(This is the entry level version of native 4k pj ) .Its has HDMI 18 Gbps capable.
Better read reviews of different models and if demo of the same pj's are available its better do it and take a call.

Sony VPL-VW295es is the latest version of native 4k .(This is the entry level version of native 4k pj ) .Its has HDMI 18 Gbps capable.
Better read reviews of different models and if demo of the same pj's are available its better do it and take a call.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I will look into finalizing from Sony or JVC.

Hi all,

1) BenQ W5700
2) BenQ X12000H
3) JVC DLA-NX7
4) JVC LX-UH1B
5) Optoma UHZ65
6) Optoma UHD60
5) Sony VPL-VW270ES

Other than Sony none of them listed above are native 4K !

The only downside of 295es I could find is ... Lack of dynamic iris. However I found it by reading the specs only. How will this render in real life scenario, it's hard to speculate. So please take detailed demo (with your favourite movies) before finalizing.

And in case you are going to demo BenQ and in case your eyes are sensitive like mine, please take a strip of aspirin with you.

If you can have a totally dark room then opt for jvc otherwise getting a projector with such super black levels will be of no use.
And one more thing to keep in mind is the the acoustically transparent screen which reduces the brightness by around 30%.
The projector should be able to put out sufficient lumens for your requirement.

The only downside of 295es I could find is ... Lack of dynamic iris. However I found it by reading the specs only. How will this render in real life scenario, it's hard to speculate. So please take detailed demo (with your favourite movies) before finalizing.

And in case you are going to demo BenQ and in case your eyes are sensitive like mine, please take a strip of aspirin with you.

Haha thank you for the advice! I should finalize between JVC and Sony itself

If you can have a totally dark room then opt for jvc otherwise getting a projector with such super black levels will be of no use.
And one more thing to keep in mind is the the acoustically transparent screen which reduces the brightness by around 30%.
The projector should be able to put out sufficient lumens for your requirement.

Thank you! I will look into the lumen output before finalizing!

Out of the above options, get
Either BenQ X12000H
Or JVC DLA-NX7.

Make sure the projector is calibrated by a certified professional.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back