Suggestions for New HT Setup (Top Class)

DS123456

Hi All,

Current having an HT setup comprising of - Benq HT3050, Pioneer BDP 180,
Marantz SR6010, Jamo 5.1. All bought last year. Now that am 1 year old in world of Audio, time to celebrate and upgrade :D

Need advice/suggestions from Audio Gurus on following:

1. Projector: Inclined towards Epson-5030UB or Sony- VPL45ES. Which one would you suggest?

2. BDP: Keen on Oppo 103D or 203? UPD 203 comes with 4K capabilities, but availability of 4k content is rare. So is it worth at this stage? Also can I expect significant improvement in PQ/SQ over current Pioneer BDP 180?

3. AVR: New speakers am intending to buy (mentioned below) are said to be power hungry. Hence, thinking of upgrading to Marantz SR7011, Anthem MRX 720, or can even go for Separates. Suggestions pl.

4. Speakers: Trickiest of all. Planning to have 2 setups - one each for Movies (5.1) and Music (2.0).

A) Movies (5.1): B&W MT60D, Dali Fazon, Paradign Cinema200, Genelec 8010
B) Music (2.0): B&W 683/CM8/CM9 S2, Dali Opticon6/Rubicon6, KEF R500/700, MA Silver 6/8, Paradigm Prestige 75F

Alternatively, can also go with 5.0 identical BS/OnWall Speakers like -
A) Dali Opticon LCR
B) KEF LS50

Key Points:
1. Room Size: 10x11x9 feet (LXWXH)

2. Reason for 2 systems: Small room prohibits traditional 5.1 setup. Can have Sats 5.1 for movies/tv. While FS 2.0 to handle music may be pushed in living room

Sound Signature I like:
Open, Airy, Clean, Detailed, Wide Sound Stage, and WARM. No Harsh pl

Appreciate your response.

Thanks!!

Hi All,

Current having an HT setup comprising of - Benq HT3050, Pioneer BDP 180,
Marantz SR6010, Jamo 5.1. All bought last year. Now that am 1 year old in world of Audio, time to celebrate and upgrade :D

Need advice/suggestions from Audio Gurus on following:

1. Projector: Inclined towards Epson-5030UB or Sony- VPL45ES. Which one would you suggest?

2. BDP: Keen on Oppo 103D or 203? UPD 203 comes with 4K capabilities, but availability of 4k content is rare. So is it worth at this stage? Also can I expect significant improvement in PQ/SQ over current Pioneer BDP 180?

3. AVR: New speakers am intending to buy (mentioned below) are said to be power hungry. Hence, thinking of upgrading to Marantz SR7011, Anthem MRX 720, or can even go for Separates. Suggestions pl.

4. Speakers: Trickiest of all. Planning to have 2 setups - one each for Movies (5.1) and Music (2.0).

A) Movies (5.1): B&W MT60D, Dali Fazon, Paradign Cinema200, Genelec 8010
B) Music (2.0): B&W 683/CM8/CM9 S2, Dali Opticon6/Rubicon6, KEF R500/700, MA Silver 6/8, Paradigm Prestige 75F

Alternatively, can also go with 5.0 identical BS/OnWall Speakers like -
A) Dali Opticon LCR
B) KEF LS50

Key Points:
1. Room Size: 10x11x9 feet (LXWXH)

2. Reason for 2 systems: Small room prohibits traditional 5.1 setup. Can have Sats 5.1 for movies/tv. While FS 2.0 to handle music may be pushed in living room

Sound Signature I like:
Open, Airy, Clean, Detailed, Wide Sound Stage, and WARM. No Harsh pl

Appreciate your response.

Thanks!!
Try listening to Morel audio - Octave 6.I head them at What Hifi at Mz Audio.Are a bit expensive.But they're awesome.Apart from that - Taga Harmony F100 SE are great.Price is about 160k.

Thanks Lad!

Will talk to Saeed. Not sure if Morel is at par with the likes of Dali Fazon or B&W MT-60D. But will take its audition. My budget for 5.1 Sats is Rs 2.0-2.5 lac .

By the way what's your current system?

Thanks

Thanks Lad!

Will talk to Saeed. Not sure if Morel is at par with the likes of Dali Fazon or B&W MT-60D. But will take its audition. My budget for 5.1 Sats is Rs 2.0-2.5 lac .

Thanks
I have the Taga F100 special edition Rosewood veneer 5.1 set with SR7009 & Sony VPL40.Quite Happy.Its a 200ft Dedicated space.

Thanks Lad!

Thanks
Even I was of same thought before hearing it.I have entry level Morel Sats as well in my Living room.They're good for the price.

Hi DS123456

The Marantz SR6010 is good enough....no need to change that...run audyssey well and again....you may need to manual tweak adjustments....

B&Ws 685 S2 are on sale in the forum....check for Sale by Owner section....

There is also OPPO BDP103 on sale....check that for Blu Ray...definitely better than the BDP180

Another member also selling a variety of speakers which be of your taste....check...

If you are the one who will keep upgrading after 6 months to a year or two....my advise is to go the pre owned path.....you will spend less and get a flavour of everything at regular intervals (when you feel the need to).

Hi Eferands,

Thanks for your inputs.

I did realize, Marantz SR6010 is good. So unless its a serious upgrade, I don't think upgrading to SR7011 (from 110W to 125W per channel) makes a lot of sense.

As for B&W 685 S2 on sale, am not a fan of Book Shelf per se. I'd be heading for towers for music. Besides, person intending to sell (guess he's from Pune) has put an exorbitant price tag of Rs 60K :) Wonder who will buy used at that prince point. Well anyways.

Reg Pre-Pro, am not a frequent upgrade-er, not one with 6 months surely. But maybe between 1-2 years (max) remains a fair possibility. I am yet to read and reason out with self, as to whether its Pre-Power route for me, or I should stick to AVR route. Let's see.

As for speakers - am not going for price, but quality. Say for example, I wouldn't be interested in buying a used B&W 683 (even if price is attractive), but would rather go for B&W 683 S2. The former ones are outdated and S2 has significant improvements over them.

Interested in following speakers as 2.0 for music -
1. Dali Option & Rubicon Series: Auditioned. Liked them
2. B&W 600 & CM S2 Series: Auditioned. Found price higher for the quality
3. Monitor Audio Silvers: Auditioned. Value for money. Tad bright for music
4. KEF R Series: Auditioned. Too thin, boring. Disappointed

Would you suggest any other brand? I like warm, clean, clear, airy, and body with wide sound stage.

Thanks

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back