Suggestions for non smart TV

phantom202

Hello everyone.. Request your suggestions on a non smart tv- 32 or 43inches preferably from LG, Samsung or Sony. But looks like it is really hard to find a non smart TV these days. Only option I have found available is - https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/hd-tv/t4050-32-inch-hd-tv-ua32t4050arxxl/. I did not enquire in offline stores yet, mainly checked in the onlne ecommerce sites, but I am open to buy offline. Is there any other option available in some of the other brands as well. Mainly looking for a reliable model which could serve the purpose for long time.. Thanks in advance

Hello everyone.. Request your suggestions on a non smart tv- 32 or 43inches preferably from LG, Samsung or Sony. But looks like it is really hard to find a non smart TV these days. Only option I have found available is - https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/hd-tv/t4050-32-inch-hd-tv-ua32t4050arxxl/. I did not enquire in offline stores yet, mainly checked in the onlne ecommerce sites, but I am open to buy offline. Is there any other option available in some of the other brands as well. Mainly looking for a reliable model which could serve the purpose for long time.. Thanks in advance
Why do you need a non smart tv?

This is going to be a secondary TV and planning to utilize firetv stick for any streaming needs. Most of the content would be viewed over Cable and planning to get this done in a budget. But looking at long term reliability going for these brands mainly. If I am not able to source one, might think about some budget options as well in the smart segment

This is going to be a secondary TV and planning to utilize firetv stick for any streaming needs. Most of the content would be viewed over Cable and planning to get this done in a budget. But looking at long term reliability going for these brands mainly. If I am not able to source one, might think about some budget options as well in the smart segment
I don't think there's any significant premium nowadays for smart TV's over non smart, so you can safely go for those.

As suggested above, no need to hunt for non smart TV. You may simply focus on panel quality and price ignoring operating system and software/applications support. I did same and never used TV's built in applications.

But looks like it is really hard to find a non smart TV these days.
Indeed. It was hard enough 10 years ago when I was in the market to purchase my plasma. If you needed one with decent quality, it came with smart features. Felt it was a waste to pay up that additional amount for the native UI and apps on the TVs were (and still are) far inferior to external media streamers such as Apple TV (my staple), FireStick etc. But there was no choice.

I doubt if any serious TV comes without smart features these days. Though it’s quite a dumb idea still to pay for those. 😊

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back