Suggestions for proper power amp for passive subwoofer

lovnblack

Hi Guys,

My current system almost complete for atmos (jbl fronts, klipsch center, klipsch rear, klipsch back, klipsch atmos height speakers onkyo tx nr 686) I have my own DIY passive subwoofer from old days and I want to buy a proper amp for it (in next months Im planning to buy a new active subwoofer -or- a new DIY subwoofer and complete my HT as 7.4.2)

My current subwoofer driver is Kenwood KFC-WF303 (Max (RMS) Output Power 600 Watt - Frequency Response 25 - 800 Hz - Nominal Impedance 4 Ohm Sensitivity 93 dB 12inch)

Im planning to buy a Behringer power amp (because its easy to find in my area) and I found following models for my budget :

- Behringer KM 750
- Behringer NX 1000 D

What you think guys, which one will be correct amp for my subwoofer ? If KM750 is also ok it will be a cheaper solution for me ? Do you think I need an amp with DSP or is it not necessary ?

Lastly I want to ask your opinions : which way is better ; buying 2 channel amp and use one channel for current passive subwoofer, and use other channel for a new DIY subwoofer instead of buying an active subwoofer ? which one will be a better/cheaper solution?

Im open for other suggestions!

Thanx!

I did a similar DIY sub for my 7.2.4 setup. I had an Infinity 500w RMS 2-ohm passive subwoofer that I paired with the Sony GS100 Class D monoblock amp. The amp can drive a 2-ohm load at 600w RMS and 1200w peak which worked perfectly for me. As for powering the amp, I'm using a Corsair RM1000x desktop power supply I had lying around, it has over 95% efficiency at full load. This sub alone shakes my 14ftx15ft room.

Don’t discount a good Class D as well. Crown makes some good ones.

Any suggestion from crown models for my this passive subwoofer? And what you think about 2 passive subwoofer with the same 2 channels amp / or new one should be an active subwoofer?

I will look for crown amp depends on your suggested model, but if I can't find them which behringer will be the correct one for my current subwoofer?

Thanx in advance

Any suggestion from crown models for my this passive subwoofer? And what you think about 2 passive subwoofer with the same 2 channels amp / or new one should be an active subwoofer?

I will look for crown amp depends on your suggested model, but if I can't find them which behringer will be the correct one for my current subwoofer?

Thanx in advance
Crown xti if you need DSP.
Need of DSP depends on your Subwoofer f3.
Otherwise crown xli.

I second the xli series. Also if you want to stick to AB, parts express has Dayton Audio (subsidiary of parts express) SA 230 sub amp.

Crown xti if you need DSP.
Need of DSP depends on your Subwoofer f3.
Otherwise crown xli.

I just checked crown xli 800, it needs to ship from another country to me and it will cost higher than behringer. Do you think behringer km750 will be ok with my subwoofer? If yes, only one channel or in bridge mode that I need to use. Can I use second channel for my next passive subwoofer? Is it possible technically if I want to feed my 2 subwoofers with a 2 channel amp like behringer km750?

I just checked crown xli 800, it needs to ship from another country to me and it will cost higher than behringer. Do you think behringer km750 will be ok with my subwoofer? If yes, only one channel or in bridge mode that I need to use. Can I use second channel for my next passive subwoofer? Is it possible technically if I want to feed my 2 subwoofers with a 2 channel amp like behringer km750?
Yes.. you can use it..
Get 1000nxd

Use in stereo for 2 subs

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back