Suggestions for Stereo Music

pkr

Hi friends,

I am looking for some suggestions for a stereo setup.

I have a pair of Monitor Audio GS10 which was connected to a Demon 1912 receiver. The speakers were on Sound Foundation stands. I wanted to separate the home theater and music needs. Bought a pair of QAccoustic 3020i and center from HifiMart and have connected them to the Denon.

I would like to now look at options to use the GS10 as stereo speakers (most likely without sub given the way it sounds).

1. Integrated Amp or separates?
  2. If integrated amp, would an integrated amp like AudioLab 6000A work with GS10? Has any members used this combination? Saw a decent deal at HifiMart.
  3. If separates, how does the Allos perform? Are they able to comfortably drive a GS10? Given that audition is not possible currently, I thought I can start slow and move up as auditions become available.
Room size is approximately 14ftx14ft.

My music choices are Jazz instrumental (western and indian), Pop and old Hindi songs (Rafi and Kishore solos) primarily. Source will be CDs or FLAC (on a Blu-ray player, using digital connection) and USB mostly. Of course, some Bluetooth or streaming may be added since Wynk, Amazon Music, Spotify and Gaana are becoming popular.

I would like to keep the cost decent at this time since audition is not possible. 50-60k may be what I could spend at this time.

Any suggestions or feedback would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Hi friends,

I have a pair of Monitor Audio GS10 which was connected to a Demon 1912 receiver. The speakers were on Sound Foundation stands. I wanted to separate the home theater and music needs. Bought a pair of QAccoustic 3020i and center from HifiMart and have connected them to the Denon.

I would like to now look at options to use the GS10 as stereo speakers (most likely without sub given the way it sounds).

2. If integrated amp, would an integrated amp like AudioLab 6000A work with GS10? Has any members used this combination? Saw a decent deal at HifiMart.
  3. If separates, how does the Allos perform? Are they able to comfortably drive a GS10? Given that audition is not possible currently, I thought I can start slow and move up as auditions become available.

My music choices are Jazz instrumental (western and indian), Pop and old Hindi songs (Rafi and Kishore solos) primarily. Source will be CDs or FLAC (on a Blu-ray player, using digital connection) and USB mostly. Of course, some Bluetooth or streaming may be added since Wynk, Amazon Music, Spotify and Gaana are becoming popular.

I would like to keep the cost decent at this time since audition is not possible. 50-60k may be what I could spend at this time.

You might want to read this thread from AVForum

Essentially, they suggest pairing these speakers with warm, even dark amps. NAD and QUAD are recommended.

Separates in your budget might be difficult.

Hi friends,

If you wanot to enjoy pure music with your beloved speakers, please try to pair a good arcam intigrated

You might want to read this thread from AVForum

Essentially, they suggest pairing these speakers with warm, even dark amps. NAD and QUAD are recommended.

Separates in your budget might be difficult.
Thanks Sachin. It was good with Denon. However, it needed a bit more might as given in the articles. Let me check on the NAD. The challenge currently is audition.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back