Suggestions on BIC America F12

pranjandas

Hello friends,

I am looking forward to use two subwoofers for my HT set up. My AVR is Pioneer VSX 1131 and the other sub is Taga Platinum SW-10. The prices of SW 10 have soared by as much as 10k since I bought to first one some months back. Have been toying with various options particularly when pro audio has launched BIC America subs with Warranty.

Any reviews and suggestions on BIC America F12 by the fellow members?Reviews sound good on Amazon.com. Will it work under Indian voltage conditions or shall I have to use a step down stabilizer?

Please throw your views.

Thanks in Advance.

I would like to add a few things here...

First, that price is without the GST calculation. That would be added extra. Check the price again with the GST.

Second, If you already have a Platinum SW-10, add another SW-10. If the current price is beyond ur budget, try to find a 2nd hand option on Quickr or Olx. Reason for this suggestion - Both the brands Bic America and Taga are different in sound signature. If you play Taga+Bic as pair the sound in ur room would be confusingly different. You might feel one side is heavy bass and one side is lighter. So unevenness will always be there. F-12 is mighty powerful with bass reproduction than SW-10.

Third, you are not going to find a compatible subwoofer to SW-10 in 30k range after GST hit Indian economy.

Please consider the points I mention. Take other forum members advice too.

Hello friends,

I am looking forward to use two subwoofers for my HT set up. My AVR is Pioneer VSX 1131 and the other sub is Taga Platinum SW-10. The prices of SW 10 have soared by as much as 10k since I bought to first one some months back. Have been toying with various options particularly when pro audio has launched BIC America subs with Warranty.

Any reviews and suggestions on BIC America F12 by the fellow members?Reviews sound good on Amazon.com. Will it work under Indian voltage conditions or shall I have to use a step down stabilizer?

Please throw your views.

Thanks in Advance.

Best would be to pick an other Taga SW-10 than any other brand since you already have one.. You would have dual identical ones..10K increase in price is bad.. But i would suggest to wait and consider alternate route and pick the Taga itself..

I would like to add a few things here...

First, that price is without the GST calculation. That would be added extra. Check the price again with the GST.

Second, If you already have a Platinum SW-10, add another SW-10. If the current price is beyond ur budget, try to find a 2nd hand option on Quickr or Olx. Reason for this suggestion - Both the brands Bic America and Taga are different in sound signature. If you play Taga+Bic as pair the sound in ur room would be confusingly different. You might feel one side is heavy bass and one side is lighter. So unevenness will always be there. F-12 is mighty powerful with bass reproduction than SW-10.

Third, you are not going to find a compatible subwoofer to SW-10 in 30k range after GST hit Indian economy.

Please consider the points I mention. Take other forum members advice too.

To add: SW-10 is no longer in stock with any of the online stores. Shall have to check with offline stores. Not sure, most likely wont get. By & large don't prefer a second hand product through Quikr/Olx. Lets see. Thanks a ton for your valuable suggestions.

One query: Agreed the sound signatures might be different with BIC & Taga. Is it not possible to tweak the two sub accordingly with MCACC calibration and get the desired sound signature? Is it almost impossible? Just a query.

@ pranjandas

I dont think you can tweak each sub specifically with your current AVR...possibly higher model avrs / different brands...might have this option.

The BIC America F12 is quite good....i use the H100ii for the last 2 years..its awesome...it can get close to 23/24hz which suits my requirement...i use a Marantz SR series with dual sub out options...never felt the need to add one more sub...this 12 incher does the needful...

If you are going for this, check for the warranty...BIC America now offers 7 years on their products...

Home Subwoofers Archives | Avenue Sound

If you are able to determine the frequencies of each sub (no matter the brand) and adjust the levels accordingly...you can achieve the best sound for your place...like harmonizing a band to play a concert seamlessly....i must ad that is a tricky affair and a lot of patience....efforts..with trial and error will go into this....

Emotiva basx s10. Mrp 32k, you will get under 30k

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I checked with HTStore Bangalore. They are selling pre-GST price but they are not open for price negotiation. Yes, it's 32K..

I am also narrowing down my options to F12 only. It is mighty and powerful for 150W RMS (475W Peak) and will fill the room with punchy bass.

Last edited:
I checked with HTStore Bangalore. They are selling pre-GST price but they are not open for price negotiation. Yes, it's 32K..

I am also narrowing down my options to F12 only. It is mighty and powerful for 150W RMS (475W Peak) and will fill the room with punchy bass.

I got it (SW-10) in 24.5k from hifimart in March 2017. My point is if you are able to get a decent 12" sub in 32k why to go for a 10" sub. A 12" is a 12". Difference should definitely be there.

@efernand1:

With Pioneer VSX 1131, I can set the crossover frequencies for each channels separately through Manual Calibration and/or their Remote App. If the subwoofer crossover is set appropriately in both the subs (Taga SW-10 ) & BIC F12 no reason why the harmony should not be reached. Well keeping fingers crossed as of now and let more insights flow in. Thanks a ton for your valuable advise. Please keep the forum posted with your insightful suggestions!

One query: Agreed the sound signatures might be different with BIC & Taga. Is it not possible to tweak the two sub accordingly with MCACC calibration and get the desired sound signature? Is it almost impossible? Just a query.

Not sure if you can do it with MCACC..But a 10 inch & 12 inch might have different response in the room and this can pose an issue too..Easiest way is to add an other identical sub, so for sure both subs will be providing very similar response if not identical..

I got it (SW-10) in 24.5k from hifimart in March 2017. My point is if you are able to get a decent 12" sub in 32k why to go for a 10" sub. A 12" is a 12". Difference should definitely be there.

Understand your thoughts.. Suggestions from FM to pick an other SW 10 is only because you already have one..

If you are buying a fresh pair of subs now, you can very well consider 12 inch from price perspective..

I have no experience with subs of diff size 10/12.. But if you have convincing/technical suggestion from FM to go for diff sizes, please do..

@efernand1:

With Pioneer VSX 1131, I can set the crossover frequencies for each channels separately through Manual Calibration and/or their Remote App. If the subwoofer crossover is set appropriately in both the subs (Taga SW-10 ) & BIC F12 no reason why the harmony should not be reached. Well keeping fingers crossed as of now and let more insights flow in. Thanks a ton for your valuable advice. Please keep the forum posted with your insightful suggestions!

I have my room size 10 X 12 foot only. For this room dimension, don't you think 12" will be too much? I have the same budget constraint like you.

More over in my city, Polk is the only option. Which is best in the same budget?

Last edited:
I have my room size 10 X 12 foot only. For this room dimension, don't you think 12" will be too much? I have the same budget constraint like you.

More over in my city, Polk is the only option. Which is best in the same budget?

Apart from BIC America F12, I have zeroed in on Polk DSW Pro 550 10" Which after discount and all would come in around 33k. Taga SW 10 in HT Store (32k) has a peculiar problem I am facing, it forces me to chose either high gloss options (white or black) and makes you pay 7k or 8k more thereby effective price to be in the range of 38-39k:sad:

Any idea about TSW 120? My room area is more than 300 sq ft, so need an effective bass, as effective as SW-10:)

Apart from BIC America F12, I have zeroed in on Polk DSW Pro 550 10" Which after discount and all would come in around 33k. Taga SW 10 in HT Store (32k) has a peculiar problem I am facing, it forces me to chose either high gloss options (white or black) and makes you pay 7k or 8k more thereby effective price to be in the range of 38-39k:sad:

Any idea about TSW 120? My room area is more than 300 sq ft, so need an effective bass, as effective as SW-10:)

I have auditioned DSW550i before, it is good. But as Elangos said, check if you get SW- 10 to match with your existing one. That will blend well for sure.

Hi

For the record, i use the 12 inch BIC sub in a 200 sq ft area....it may be an overkill if you go spec wise but the comfort i get is that you dont need to crank the volume or settings high to enjoy quality playback of movies or music....works like a charm...

@ pranjandas, in my opinion, i would suggest you get the BIC America F12 and configure the entire system with that sub only....dont connec the other one....check the sound for a week or 15 days....need time for the 'break in' of new speakers....and decide if you still need to have the need for a second sub....

You can also use two identical subs ...my opinion is that you may end up with more bass at same frequencies ....something like a club / disco effect....L + R....bass response may get circulatory moves round the room and may get boomy....(due to LFE)

It is now your call...

MZ Audio is the authorised distributor for Taga...speak to Sayyed (owners son) and check best price...

For BIC America...Avenue Sound....speak to Ashish....

How reliable is it to buy online? Is it a warranted product and how about the service?

In my own opinion, it depends, Hifi Mart is a totally reliable. Had a word with them couple of times. Have not tried Pro Audio Home. It seems HT Store is reliable as well. Must admit, I take lots of calculated risks while placing an order online. Don't give it a second thought with established online platforms like Amazon (Purchased Onkyo 757 through Amazon.com). Have purchased my projector (Optoma HD 141x) from New Egg. Media Player (Himedia Q10 Pro) from Futeko. No warranty applicable in both the cases. With the blessings of the almighty so far so good with the product. Have purchased some AV products through Ebay as well after checking the veracity of the seller. Prefer Power Seller tag in Ebay. Be careful about warranty the if you are purchasing from domestic sellers, might be grey market product.

How reliable is it to buy online? Is it a warranted product and how about the service?

I had words with them. Product has 5 years warranty in India. Warranty and support will be provided by Pro Audio only. It is a Mumbai based distributor and has started dealing with BIC America in this month only.

Seller has listed the product on Amazon.in too but with little higher price. Here is the link. http://www.amazon.in/BIC-America-F1...501496676&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=BIC+America

I request our friends based in Mumbai if any one of them can go to Pro Audio Home personally and check the authenticity. I will be highly obliged if some can help us.

Thanks

Last edited:
I had words with them. Product has 5 years warranty in India. Warranty and support will be provided by Pro Audio only. It is a Mumbai based distributor and has started dealing with BIC America in this month only.

Seller has listed the product on Amazon.in too but with little higher price. Here is the link. BIC America F12 Front Firing 'Formula' Powered 12 inch 475-Watt Subwoofer Price: Buy BIC America F12 Front Firing 'Formula' Powered 12 inch 475-Watt Subwoofer Online in India -Amazon.in

I request our friends based in Mumbai if any one of them can go to Pro Audio Home personally and check the authenticity. I will be highly obliged if some can help us.

Thanks

I really wonder how a product which is sold for Rs 38,000/- in the market can be given for such an uncomparable price? It is sold for 25,000/-

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back