Suggestions on calibrating Onkyo HTS 3300

rajudhs

please share your Suggestions on calibrating Onkyo HTS 3300

what settings worked for you in your setup etc.

Setting to be made according to ur room size so each one varies ,mention your room dimension ,size if some as similar size they will help u.

my room size is 11x11 feet, any one with similar size, please share your settings

HTS3300 doesn't come with a mike, so no auto calibration software.

my room size is 11x11 feet, any one with similar size, please share your settings

HTS3300 doesn't come with a mike, so no auto calibration software.
I think there isn't much to calibrate. All the calibration done by using mic in other models is just "Level Calibration" I guess.
You can use your own ears to do that to a large extent.

clipboard01s.png

PS: You can also set the "Speaker Distance" accordingly.

My room is 15x13. ex bass off, audessy off , speakers calibration all zero except centre which i keep at 2, if i m playing DD or dts 5.1. and my volume level is around 35-40 connecting videocon d2h, for dvd its 35 , for ps3 its 30. listening from Aux ipod or mp3 player 35-40, could anyone share their volume level for 3300, is mine which is having to increase the level to 40 (considering 80 is max) is normal or what?

My room is 15x13. ex bass off, audessy off , speakers calibration all zero except centre which i keep at 2, if i m playing DD or dts 5.1. and my volume level is around 35-40 connecting videocon d2h, for dvd its 35 , for ps3 its 30. listening from Aux ipod or mp3 player 35-40, could anyone share their volume level for 3300, is mine which is having to increase the level to 40 (considering 80 is max) is normal or what?
Set EX.BASS to ON.
If for DVD the volume it at 35, then I guess its normal, else you won't get the theater effect. But if you listen to every other thing at 35-40 then I would say you really like loud audio. :)

Settings I am going to suggest is for room size 12x11. First ascertain the viewing distance and select the speakers distance from the viewing position. Set all speaker calibration to 0db. Keep the front speakers db @ 0 and increase the center channel to +5db and surround speakers @ +3db. Keep all speaker size as small double bass off and subwoofer frequency to 50db and subwoofer calibration @ -5 db. Use audessey settings on and dynamic eq on and dynamic volume light. Tone setting for treble is +6 db. And bass @ 0db. If you want to have more bass use extra bass on. Positioning of subwoofer is vital. I have placed it under the t.v. Cabinet with a rubber mat underneath this will reduce unwanted resonance. This is really working for me. Post reply

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back