Suggestions required for buying home theater system ~30K

santosh_kh20

Hello all,

I am planning to buy a home theater system and would need suggestions on which one is a good buy.

Purpose: Listening to music and watching tv/movies
Budget : Around Rs.30,000

I have read a few posts and the most common recommendations appear to be Onkyo, Denon, JBL and Pioneer models.

As I do not have much background of home theatre systems, please share your inputs, and the specific models numbers/names, which would be really helpful in deciding which one to finally buy.

Thanks.

Yamaha and Onkyo are the most sought after HTIBs. If you could raise your budget to 35K then may be you get Yamaha 299 which is VFM above 30K. Around 30K the VFM would be Onkyo but with passive sub. You can also check out the pioneer as well. Demo them first and decide.

If you live in Bangalore then you have loads of option.

Thanks for your suggestions. Bought Yamaha YHT-299 for 37K (with a free Philips blueray player). Pioneer HTP323, Onkyo 3500 and Yamaha YHT299 were the ones I demoed, and finally went with Yamaha as the sound quality was better and the bass effect as well.

From what I've seen and heard, Onkyo 3500 produces more bass than Yamaha. Which is why I am still to go back and demo the systems once again. Don't you think?

The bass effect is good. Audio clarity is also good. I tried the same song through USB on all systems and Yamaha sounded better and a better bass than Onkyo 3500, though I have heard people state that bass is better in Onkyo.. but from my personal experience, Yamaha 299 faired better in all aspects.

Back