Suggestions required for ICE Components of Accord V6

thebanik

Would like to upgrade the stock ICE setup of Accord. Going to do in parts. The first part being upgrading the front + rear speakers.

Since doing it in parts hence I guess budget can be modest for the whole setup, including Amplifiers, Subwoofer, Cables and Speakers. Not sure how to go about this since do not want to change the stock HU.

Anyways first things first. Need suggestion for front + rear speakers in Rs. 20000-25000. Has to fit the stock location of the speakers.

Then if someone would be kind enough to suggest a plan and parts to upgrade rest of the components one by one.

Edit : Either I have not heard great car setups or its simply a mind bias, but do not like the sound of separate tweeters that make the sound shrill (or bright is the right word?). So suggest whether I can do without them.

Last edited:
Stock tweeter location in the Accord is at the base of the windscreen. I have placed the tweeters at the base of the A Pillar. I'm pretty happy with the results.

For speakers look at Rainbow Dream Line, Gladen RS, German Maestro etc. I think that 6" speakers will require spacer rings, can't remember. The rear speakers need not be from these brands. Cheaper options could be considered if these are to be just rear fills.

I have left the stock HU untouched for climate control display. An adapter thingy has turned the hollow space at the bottom of the central console into a 2 DIN slot. A single DIN HU is fitted there.

Step 1: Speakers
Step 2: Damping
Step 3: Amplifier + sub + wiring
Step 4: Sound processor or HU

Stock tweeter location in the Accord is at the base of the windscreen. I have placed the tweeters at the base of the A Pillar. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Ah, yes have seen now 2 setups where that location has been used for tweeters, and they really look good. But my question is if they are even required, since I do not like the added shrill produced by the tweeters. Cant a decent set of speakers cover the tweeters frequency range?

For speakers look at Rainbow Dream Line, Gladen RS, German Maestro etc. I think that 6" speakers will require spacer rings, can't remember. The rear speakers need not be from these brands. Cheaper options could be considered if these are to be just rear fills.

hmmm....so are you suggesting/implying that I do not even change the rear speakers and simply use the budget to upgrade the front?

I have left the stock HU untouched for climate control display. An adapter thingy has turned the hollow space at the bottom of the central console into a 2 DIN slot. A single DIN HU is fitted there.

Step 1: Speakers
Step 2: Damping
Step 3: Amplifier + sub + wiring
Step 4: Sound processor or HU

Thanks a lot. this seems to make ample sense to me. But an additional single DIN wont it ruin the looks of central console?

Ah, yes have seen now 2 setups where that location has been used for tweeters, and they really look good. But my question is if they are even required, since I do not like the added shrill produced by the tweeters. Cant a decent set of speakers cover the tweeters frequency range?

Component speakers consist of a pair each of mid bass, tweeters and cross over. If powered, tuned and aligned properly, they shouldn't sound bright. It would be better if you audition a few different installs.
Else go for coaxial speakers.

hmmm....so are you suggesting/implying that I do not even change the rear speakers and simply use the budget to upgrade the front?

If you use the front seats, makes sense to spend on the front sound stage. Retain the stock rear speakers. Upgrade if required.

Thanks a lot. this seems to make ample sense to me. But an additional single DIN wont it ruin the looks of central console?

You are welcome. Aesthetics are a different issue altogether. Instead of a single DIN, you could get a double DIN touchscreen.

No idea about the Polks. Sorry.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back