sundirect hd channels poor dd 5.1 audio

kamalaravi

Last month i installed sundirect hd set top box and connected it to my
lg home theatre model HT 855pc hoping to hear dd 5.1 audio on its hd channels which are broadcast in dolby digital.But the audio is pathetic with a lot of crackling and huge audio dropouts.I am forced to switch to stereo mode.I have connected the stb to the ht through an optical cable and tried even
replacing it .but still the same problem.Sun tv technicians ruled out any problem with the set top box.The lg technician also came to look at the home theatre and admitted there was a problem but did not have any solutions.'dolby digital " lights up on the ht while watching dd 5.1 channels but still the audio is pathetic.

Last edited:
lg home theatre model HT 855pc hoping to hear dd 5.1 audio on its hd channels which are broadcast in dolby digital.But the audio is pathetic with a lot of crackling and huge audio dropouts.I am forced to switch to stereo mode.I have connected the stb to the ht through an optical cable and tried even
replacing it .but still the same problem.Sun tv technicians ruled out any problem with the set top box.The lg technician also came to look at the home theatre and admitted there was a problem but did not have any solutions.'dolby digital " lights up on the ht while watching dd 5.1 channels but still the audio is pathetic.
Seems to be an issue with your HT's Optical input, cable or STB's optical output.

If Stereo works well, its definitely not a transmission issue from SunDirect.

Hi,

I was aslo in same boat using same HT on tatasky HD plus but after working with LG guys, I made them develop a new software and import from Korea and it is very small software, which can be updated by Pan drive. After this DD problem with this set has resolved and now I am getting really very very good 5.1 sound after that. One thing I must say that LG servicve is good. U just told them to upgrade ur HT software for DD problem and if they are unware in that part and then told them to talk in Ghaziabad office in NCR. Here they are having that software and now onwards all the new models are having this software.. so go and get full 5.1 sound on LG 855 PC very good value for money...:yahoo:

Hi,

I was aslo in same boat using same HT on tatasky HD plus but after working with LG guys, I made them develop a new software and import from Korea and it is very small software, which can be updated by Pan drive. After this DD problem with this set has resolved and now I am getting really very very good 5.1 sound after that. One thing I must say that LG servicve is good. U just told them to upgrade ur HT software for DD problem and if they are unware in that part and then told them to talk in Ghaziabad office in NCR. Here they are having that software and now onwards all the new models are having this software.. so go and get full 5.1 sound on LG 855 PC very good value for money...:yahoo:
I was almost sure that its an HT issue, thanks for confirming.

So its proved that LG sold a product which was not tested at all and its VERY STRANGE how a company sell a product without TESTING the MOST BASIC FEATURES of the product. Such distortion could have easily reduced the lifetime of the connected speakers (if not already damaged) including the electronic components within the HT!

This is similar to TS/TS+HD and Airtel HD DD passthru bug through HDMI (seems both TS and Airtel got their firmware developed by the same vendor who is so TERRIBLE in quality testing of their software that the same BUG is passed to these 3 different model of boxes).

Its so hopeless that we buy their products and spend hours chasing different vendors and its nothing but SHEER HARASSMENT for which these vendors are supposed to take compensation from those who pass such bugs to the customers. Ideally those developers and testing professionals should be FIRED IMMEDIATELY for such terrible miss while doing their BASIC BAU ACTIVITY they get paid for!

Last edited:
yes it was very frustrating and i was awere of the same but it took lot of effort to get them understand but one thing was good that they were keen to solve this as this is there best selling model and pro was they did every kind of testing but never checked on tv 5.1 feed othwrwise it was working fine but yes a brand such as this does not check their product well. same thing is happening with cinema led 3d tv. it is as we know best 3d tv till now but only problem was resolution which was going down to 540p or so, now they have developed a new software after which resolution has become 1080p in 3d also and will be done for all exiating and new customers making it perfect tv for 3d but point is why they did not do this at first point itself...

By the way just as you said i lodged a complaint with Lg and asked them to
upgrade the firmware.they did so yesterday and now there is no distortion
and no audio dropout.Still i wouldnt say that i am getting very good surround
sound.But at least the feature is usable.Thanks for the timely post

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back