Sur Saaz aur Taal - Is it good deal @ 1300

Latheesh

Sur Saaz aur Taal - A rare confluence of vocal, instrumental and Percussive performnces by Music today. 16 CD pack MRP Rs. 3499. Offer price Rs.1300.

Artists:
Ustad Bismillah Khan
Pandit Ravi Shankar
Pandit Kumar Gandharva
Pandit Kishan Maharaj
Ustad Vilayat Hhan
Pandit Bhimsen Joshi
Pandit Jasraj
Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma
Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia
Ustad Zakir Hussain
Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
Vidushi Kishmori Amonkar
Ustad Rashid Khan
Vidushi Shubha Mudgal
Sarwar Sabri

How good is the CD quality by Music Today? Its available in India today exhibition stall in our office premise. My colleague picked it and given me to check it out. I have zero knowledge about Indian classical music, but know/heard about most of the artists listed;)

Looks like a good gift for the people who enjoy Indian classical music,
your take?

Sound quality of Music Today CDs is among the best in Indian Labels.

Music Today tends to repackage their earlier CDs in different names (Last Word, Maestros Choice, Taal etc etc). If you are starting your Indian Classical collection, this is a good choice. However, if you already own some Music Today CDs, make sure there is no duplication (there is bound to be in Music Today).

I have checked all 16 CDs yesterday and recording quality is good comparing to the other Indian CDs.

I have zero knowledge about Indian classical music, but collection by following artists in the package is really awesome, especially Kishmori Amonkar

Pandit Bhimsen Joshi
Vidushi Kishmori Amonkar
Ustad Rashid Khan

Thanks friends for your feedback.

I too have this pack, the recording is decent and worth having it if you like classical. Got it during the door to door campaign by The India Today Group, so it was door delivered :D
Regards.

I too have this pack and also Mind Body and Soul ( Rs.300 for 4 CDs. MRP of each CD is Rs.295) , Vaadya ( think it was Rs.1200 for entire pack) , Ganam ( forgot the amount paid), Also bought Scared Mandras pack. It is worth the amount you pay.The recording is good , some CDs may have few scratches . It works out to just Rs.80 or Rs.100 per CD. And These CDs were sold by College students in the streets.

latheesh... I am looking for this collection... if it's available still, let me know. will pay 1500/-...

thanks.

UOTE=Latheesh;194072]Sur Saaz aur Taal - A rare confluence of vocal, instrumental and Percussive performnces by Music today. 16 CD pack MRP Rs. 3499. Offer price Rs.1300.

Artists:
Ustad Bismillah Khan
Pandit Ravi Shankar
Pandit Kumar Gandharva
Pandit Kishan Maharaj
Ustad Vilayat Hhan
Pandit Bhimsen Joshi
Pandit Jasraj
Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma
Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia
Ustad Zakir Hussain
Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
Vidushi Kishmori Amonkar
Ustad Rashid Khan
Vidushi Shubha Mudgal
Sarwar Sabri

How good is the CD quality by Music Today? Its available in India today exhibition stall in our office premise. My colleague picked it and given me to check it out. I have zero knowledge about Indian classical music, but know/heard about most of the artists listed;)

Looks like a good gift for the people who enjoy Indian classical music,
your take?[/QUOTE]

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back