My current setup is
LED TV
DVD Player
Onkyo Amplifier
Tata Sky HD+ (recent upgrade)
VG Crytal Stablizer

Scenario 1:
Switch on Tata Sky HD+ and LED TV
When running switch on Onkyo Amp or any other power switch (increase fan regulator, tube light switch) TV powers goes off for 1-2 secs and back to normal.

Scenario 2:
Switch on DVD and LED TV
When running switch on Onkyo Amp and any other power switch no problem works as-usual no power cut-off.

I am suspecting for some reasons Tata Sky is taking more power, since that behavior is happening. Y'day Tata technical guy visited he said the same problem in some/many places due to earth. But my argument was it should happen on other devices as well if so only with STB box it is occurring.

Y'day called up Tata again escalated to next level.

In the meanwhile can I have your feedback/experiences on the issue?

Thanks
Prabu

Using a line tester, test the stb box for any electricity leakage. My Reliance STB has this fault and I used to get small shocks on touching it. Earthing is very important for HDMI devices to work correctly. Even a slight disturbance in the line will cause your display to go blank for a second.

I did not get feeling of AV connection between the components still..
I feel you might have connected using HDMI. Then this looks like HDMI issue between TV and TS+. Somehow they are not matching and thus restarting TV (or TV is going blank and coming up again). I faced this with my Xtreamer and its gone with software upgrade in Xtreamer. [Also if HDMI connection routed through some splitter or AVR then this could happen - temporary blanking or sporadic jitter]

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back