Suugest good sub woofer

kiranjoshi7

Hello ,
I have Denon 1713 with KEFQ300 stereo speakers.
I would like to add appropriate matching subwoofer to it.
Hall size 15*10 Feet.
Kimdly help.

Hi,

There is no matching as such needed for a Sub. Ideally you need to get one which can go as low(frequency) as you can afford, also go lower than your speakers. You could go through the various Sub Woofer threads on the forum. In your budget you should be able to find something from Polk, Taga, Pioneer, Yamaha, etc.

MaSh

Sorry, what is treated?, I didnt get it

He was referring to Acoustic treatment in the room.. You can revisit this later once you have completed the set-up..

Also, two subs will help you with even bass in your listening position(s)..

Mainly for movies. Rs25K budget

Some brands have been suggested by FM Mash.. One of the model that you can accommodate in your budget, which you may consider is Taga TSW 200, a 12inch subwoofer for abt 26K on amazon.in.. The other one is BIC America, think F12..

Hi,

There is no matching as such needed for a Sub. Ideally you need to get one which can go as low(frequency) as you can afford, also go lower than your speakers. You could go through the various Sub Woofer threads on the forum. In your budget you should be able to find something from Polk, Taga, Pioneer, Yamaha, etc.

MaSh
Some kind of matching is surely needed.. coz bass tonality varies from speaker to speaker ( including subwoofer)
Atc scm 11 of a forum member sounded very tight which needs a similar sounding subwoofer.

Even I didn't know about this factor earlier.

Thank you.
Is it necessary to purchase only KEF sub as I have KEF300 sterao speakers?
How is KEF C4 sub to pair with KEF Q300?

Last edited:
Well, may be right-overlap of pass bands of main and sub and gain setting w.r.t. the mains is probably what he meant.

Regards,

Ravindra.

Ok fine..The OP has an AVR, the crossover should take care of that.. The AVR also has Audyssey Multi EQ XT, so during calibration, we set it to 50% gain and post calibration, the subwoofer trim levels in the AVR adjusts the level accordingly..

will a muddy sub integrate well with tight sounding speakers and vice versa??

All one can do is put the subs in the best place in the room to get smoother response below 80Hz and leave the integration to Audyssey..

How much is this sub?..

Ok fine..The OP has an AVR, the crossover should take care of that.. The AVR also has Audyssey Multi EQ XT, so during calibration, we set it to 50% gain and post calibration, the subwoofer trim levels in the AVR adjusts the level accordingly..

All one can do is put the subs in the best place in the room to get smoother response below 80Hz and leave the integration to Audyssey..

How much is this sub?..
Around 30-35k don't know the exact cost.

What is more important for movies? Adding a sub woofer or centre speaker?
My room size is 10*15 feet.
Listening or viewing distance from TV is around 12 to 13 feet
Farthest distance between front stereo speaker (KEFQ300) is around 60 inches.
Considering small hall size, do I really need centre speaker or sub?
If yes, what to add first on priority basis for better movie experience?
I have no plan to install any surround speakers as of now

What is more important for movies? Adding a sub woofer or centre speaker?
My room size is 10*15 feet.
Listening or viewing distance from TV is around 12 to 13 feet
Farthest distance between front stereo speaker (KEFQ300) is around 60 inches.
Considering small hall size, do I really need centre speaker or sub?

My suggestion would be to continue with the present set up which has only one compromise: only one seat at the center for best a/v experience.

Regards,

Ravindra.

Listening or viewing distance from TV is around 12 to 13 feet. Considering small hall size, do I really need centre speaker or sub?

Ideally you will need both for better movie experience.. But first a sub-woofer would help you cover .1 content in movies and offload the bass in the BS up to 80Hz..

Hi Kiran,
I am using Denon 1912 as amp and I do have the KEF C4 sub. The room size is 16*12 sq. feet. I am using this for the last 4 years and I had bought it form ProFx Kolkata. Till now I am very happy with the sub, Based on the price range which is similar to what I too had, I totally recommend C4. In case you want any aprticular track to be played witht he vis a vis sound video.. please PM me will try my best to help..

All the best for your "sub-search"

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back