Swans M20W v/s Klipsch Promedia- 40%Movies, 40%PS3, 20%Music + alternate suggestions

spatnik

I have a budget of max 14k and I have gone crazy reading jumping from speaker to speaker.

I rejected Logitech Z623 for inaccurate sound reproduction while playing music and rejected Edifier C3 for low bass output (I was almost convinced to buy these) and Swans M10 again for low bass output but these had glowing reviews!

I plan to connect the speakers to my TV/PS3 and play music occasionally. I need some bass and wanted to know if the Swans M20W have a reasonable output?

Klipsch while having good bass output loses out musically and more often than not their products run into trouble and after sales support for them is non-existent.

I am also open to other suggestions at this price range. I would have bought the Swans M50W if i had the budget.

Re: Swans M20W v/s Klipsch Promedia- 40%Movies, 40%PS3, 20%Music + alternate suggesti

Go for Swan M200. Mk II should fit into your budget and will tick all your boxes.

Re: Swans M20W v/s Klipsch Promedia- 40%Movies, 40%PS3, 20%Music + alternate suggesti

For your requirement, I'd still give the Z623 a chance. It is so much better at movies and games, while it is not pathetic for music, unless you are looking for audiophile listening.
I used to be a fan of the Altec lansing MX 5021, until i got an Z2300 which i later modded to Z2200 spec. The bass is incredible, and worth compromising on the musicality.

the swans are too puny. the promedia should be okay.

Another alternative is the Corsair SP2500. They used to be available at around 13K or so. Check around lamington if you can get them

I don't think any speaker alone server your purpose for banging game-movies and beautiful music. While game and movies needs bass, music needs clarity soundstage etc.

So you need to compromise. Since you intend to listen only 20% music, I dont think you should worry about how less musical a speaker is.

While my friends are quite happy with z623's boom boom sound while playing games and movies, I feel satisfied with bass of C3 for playing music. Swan Speakers are musical and they dont have that oomph for game-movies' big explosions gun shot etc.

Klipsch Promedia may be the choice in the budget. It has bass for movies.games and quite musical to me too. If u dont want much bass while playing music, you can lower the bass output according to your taste.

Last edited:

why not considering astonia amp 6k range...and a pair of bs around 8k..used..

astonia was 4k i assume when i bought it for a friend..

astonia/topping with jbl/ca s30 super combo.. later add astonia sub when budget permits..

I have a 2 month old Promedia 2.1. Its a good speaker. I am thinking of selling it since I am not using it any more, if anyone wants to know how it sounds then you are free to audition it at my place.

I m stuck in the same dilemma, what did you buy ?

I have a 2 month old Promedia 2.1. Its a good speaker. I am thinking of selling it since I am not using it any more, if anyone wants to know how it sounds then you are free to audition it at my place.

Hi Prajith25,

I joined recently to this forum and had been looking to listen to Promedia 2.1 before buying it.
I live in Bangalore.
I know it is 8 months since your post...however,If you still have it, would you mind if I listen it at your place?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back