Swara – m2rPi

I have one, not currently in use though. Any particular questions?

I have been toying with the idea of adding a network player for quite sometime. With the gamut of information/reviews/options available, I am kind of lost.
In my quest for audio Nirvana, one of the respected forum members told me about Acoustic Portrait & therein I hit upon this with interesting specs. Didn't get any user reviews though.

So to put it straight, how does it perform compared to the stalwarts in market like Marantz/audiolab/ CA / Denon etc.

Swara is a steamer and a dac
So if you want to use some other dac and just need a streamer swara would not be the right choice
At the other hand it can obviously work as only a streamer but allo products willl be better as a streamer with their audio grade USB out

In swara's case the dac is connected to raspberry pi via gpio pins so it does not need to give any audio grade USB or any other Digital Audio out

It is not as user friendly as a plug and play device. If you’re comfortable with tweaking the raspberry pi setup, its a very good option. Can be configured whatever way you want. Similar to Allo in that sense but with much better build quality and no clunky hardware issues

sound quality is pretty good. Note that it is a pure streamer. Can’t accept other digital inputs so won’t double as a stand-alone DAC

I own one and use it every weekend. Have my flacs on Pendrives connected to Swara and use RuneUI to play. Tried BubbleUPnP. Haven't compared with any other DACs other than Google CA. Happy with SQ.
Not much luck with streaming though(Tidal worked but not Amazon music).

I m planning to buy M2rPi will that be good idea ?? Which app it have on IPhone ??
Can it give easy of use like Bluesound node 2i??
I need streamer which can play music from hdd and can be operated from mobile app
Any other recommendations??

I m planning to buy M2rPi will that be good idea ?? Which app it have on IPhone ??
Can it give easy of use like Bluesound node 2i??
I need streamer which can play music from hdd and can be operated from mobile app
Any other recommendations??
It will not be as easy to use as bluesound. Raspberry pi based so needs some tech familiarity to set up and occasional troubleshooting

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back