Taga Harmony speakers advise

Azfar

Hi,

I am looking to buy 616F SE with Azure C/S 40 v2 and SW-10 v2.

I have not auditionedthose just heard 506v2 with TSW-90 v2 but not impressed as they were setup in big hall.

So I m consfused should I take the risk of buying them without listening them or go for any known brand?

Taga is a good brand. No dout. They have TAV, Azure, Platinum,Diamond series etc. Choose based on ur budget. I used both Tav and Platinum series. Both are great in their budget.

I am looking for crisp, brighter and detailed sound (the whole purpose) from the speakers and for bass I will be going for a subwoofer so is it wise to get tower speakers for such configuration?

How much Platinum cost more and sound better than the Azure 40,are platinum really worth over Azure?

Or replacing towers with bookshelf as front will be a better configuration?

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm right now using platinum series.before buying them I have auditioned Tav,azure and platinum series (not all models though). every series is good with respect to their price.In my opinion it boils down to your budget, taste and preference of sound quality.In my opinion azure sounds better than Tav series.but if you can't afford azure Tav 616 is a good model.please mention your budget so that any other FM can suggest you a good model.

My budget is max 100000 for entire 5.1 system excluding AVR.

Originaly I was looking for Azure C/S-40 based 5.0 system and TSW-120 sub but looks like Platinum series (Platinum / SE surround, center and SW-10 sub)provide more detail and also 4ohm so less load on amp but not sure how I will be biwiring/amping them with Marantz SR6012 (the one I'm looking as my AVR).

Also need to decide wether to go for tower, bookshelf or surround as front speakers with a sub.

So first need to decide the type of front speakers then series / model.

Lastly isn't any well known brand system in same price range will not outperform Taga?

Note: my room is under 15*15 max and I will never use the system in bigger room.

Last edited:
I don't think there will be a huge difference between Azure and Platinum.
It changes from model to model. But in principle, Platinum is higher series than Azure, as per company.

Secondly, we can not say as a strict rule that bookshelf is better than floor standers and vice versa.
But in general if you have a good sub, floorstander is unnecessary.
There can be positives & negatives with different brands, but completely outperforming taga with same budget may not happen as far as I can guess.

I use PlatinumOne+PlatinumC90SL+platinumS90SL along with a 12" sub. This itself is too much for my 10 x 12 room.
Another FM said Platinum B40+C100+S100+Sub is great.
I saw platinum F120 at Sasank's place. They are great.

Based on your budget, pick any models from Azure or Platinum series.

My personal observation,.... I underestimated Platinum One because they are tiny.
But their sound quality is better than towers in Tav606Se package.
In terms of power and punch at high volumes, the towers in TAV606SE are better than PlatinumOne bookshelf+Sub.
But in terms of clarity, Platinum One is better than towers in TAV606SE.

Based on the above observation, I am "guessing",.... Platinum B40 bookshelf + Sub can give you a combination of Power and punch + better clarity.
I have never heard Azure series.

And please remember.... all these suggestions are personal perceptions of different people. You just have to take them as guidance.

My budget is max 100000 for entire 5.1 system excluding AVR.
It's a good budget.you need to plan and spend wisely according to your taste.
Platinum series (Platinum / SE surround, center and SW-10 sub)provide more detail
Platinum se is expensive.i haven't auditioned it.so I can't comment on that.platinum series is better than azure.
also 4ohm so less load on amp
You are wrong.4ohm speakers take more power.so powerful amps are required to run them.marantz sr 6012 is a good avr.im also using the same.
Lastly isn't any well known brand system in same price range will not outperform Taga
I think there is no other model that can outperform taga harmony given its price range.its definitely vfm.

@Naveenbnc and @sasank you both seem to be the right people to advise about Taga. Currently both S90 and Platinum one are available at around 12k. So there's practically no difference between price looks like. So what would you advice... S90 SL or Platinum One

Taga is advertising their S90 as surrounds and Platinum One as Booshelf Front speakers. Spec wise there are 2 differences.

Frequency Response
Platinum One (42Hz-40kHz ) vs S90 SL (44Hz-40kHz)

Crossover points
Platinum One (3kHz ) vs S90 SL (4.3kHz)

PS: I have the Denon X510 BT receiver and a smallish 13.5x12 dedicated home theater room that is panelled and treated (average). Looking to use either of the above Taga speakers with Taga C90 center after the front speakers conked out from my current Wharfedale MS 100 setup.

Last edited:
first thing is .... these numbers really don't mean anything ....

But the comparison is very very tough between Platinum one and S90 SL
For some songs Platinum One sounded better and for some other type of music, S90SL sounded better.
Platinum one has rear port. So hanging to the wall is not recommended.
Drum beats, etc sounded a little bit tight with platinum One.
But the Overall sound felt little more airy with S90SL.
At high volumes, S90Sl felt a little bit comfortable than Platinum One.

As I said, these changes are too minor.... and there is no way I could clearly conclude one is better than the other.
Its very tough to decide.
Both of these are excellent for their price.
Consider your mounting options and pick one.

I am trying to understand whether to go for platinum one or S90 SL... So I am going to nitpick.
Drum beats, etc sounded a little bit tight with platinum One.
But the Overall sound felt little more airy with S90SL.
At high volumes, S90Sl felt a little bit comfortable than Platinum One.
The S90SL has a 5.25” midrange driver while the Platinum One only has a smallish 4" driver. By "airy" and "more comfortable" do you mean more relaxed and better sound stage? If that is the case I wonder if the much bigger driver could have given you that perception? Bigger drivers from the same manufacturer could equate to better relative performance.. not as a rule.... but possibility is higher I suppose. Any comments?

Last edited:
if you compare a 4" driver with a 6.5" or 8" you may have a clearly noticeable difference.
But between Platinum One and S90SL the difference is too minor, and its hard to notice.
Even if you play them side by side, it may be hard to clearly differentiate.
Both are very good for the price. If you want to hang to the wall, go for S90SL
If you want to place on a tv unit or a table with some space behind, Platinum one is fine.

But as I said ... its too difficult to differentiate.
Our senior FM Elango also used Platinum One and S90SL check with him if he can give some feedback ....

Hi,
I am planning to buy Taga Azure F100 v.2 for my room size of 15*40ft. This would be a completely new setup. Kindly recommend if these are a good choice and also if I should consider anything else. I w oiuld like to build a 5.1 setup gradually. Also who AVR would be best suited for these?

Thanks in advance
Manuj M Gupta

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back