TAGA Harmony Sw-10 v.2 first impression

ajay0722

Hi Folks,

As I mentioned in another thread, I have procured a Taga harmony SW-10 v.2 from HifiMart couple of days back. I got multiple queries about product quality & performance etc and hence I am writing this thread knowing that they are waiting to take a final decision.

I have used multiple other subwoofers in past like Polk DSW micropro2000, SVS PB1000, Accoustic Research S12 (not sure model, but it was 12 inch downfiring, 100W sub), just to give you idea from where the review is coming from. I used Denon 3312 / Marantz UD5007 and my listening room dimentions are 21*12*10.5ft and filled with common living room furniture.

My feedback is based on roughly 2 hours of experiments so it may not be my final opinion and hence the title "first impression"

Here we go:

Buying experience: Ordered on Hifimart as soon as I knew it is back on the stock (23% off the MRP). The sub was shipped within couple of hours by Fedex and tracking# was shared. It reached to me exactly in 48hours after shipping. Nice Packaging, box took some small holes where the Sub spike rests, but nothing to worry. 10/10 to HFM and Fedex on that.

Inside the Box: Well wrapped Subwoofer, a power chord (4 feet approx), a Y type cable and Manual. As I mentioned earlier, the manual says different specs than what is advertised on company's own website. The Frequency response 25-200Hz, Amp power 150W, Weight 22.6Kg are few of the numbers as per manual. I had decided to buy this sub based on the specifications and word of mouth, no demo no detail review. So finding it different (Lower) on the manual was definitely heart-breaking.

Build Quality:
-The Subwoofer cabinet is build nicely, with excellent finish on the edges, nothing less than a premium look. The front grill is firm and fits into the cabinet pretty nicely, no uneven gaps etc. The Grill cloth is of great quality and fixed nicely without any loose surface.
-The Amp plate on the back has all the required controls. Knob are made with plastic but again good in build. The only thing I did not like is the AMP Plate is silver finish, and I would have appreciated a Black.
-The Sub has over-sized bottom Spikes (metal), pretty good to adjust the level and I am sure it would contribute greatly to reduce the vibrations.
-There is a Voltage selector switch (220v - 110v) which was already set to 220v for usage in India, so you don't have to play with it
-Another important thing, I couldnt understand which is LFE input. If i connect my AVR's sub preout to low level input L or R it works same way :)

Overall I can say the cabinet build is great and at least two steps ahead from the SVS PB1000.

Powering On & First Listening Experience:
I connected my Denon 3312 subwoofer preout using a Subwoofer cable (different than supplied with this sub) to the Low level input ( L ) of the subwoofer, connected power to begin. The first thing came to my mind 'there is no "THUD" sound when the power switched on. Just a very low 'tick' sould came in which seems from the subwoofer amp. A red LED on the back turns on, and sub is ready to go.

As In past few months I have been using my system without Subwoofer, I had to tweak settings on my AVR to use subwoofer in 2CH / Stereo mode. Sub volume level 0.0, Crossover set to 80Hz, speakers still set to large. No other changes in AVR.

On the SW-10, I set crossover to 100, phase 0, volume 12 o'clock position to begin with.

2.1Ch/Stereo Listening: I started with my flac/mp3 which I use to listen usually (rather than basstronics or manali transe or dil tu hi bata type stuff). I felt the bass too loud, not so precise or tight and also boomy. Nothing close to what I would like to listen. reduce volume changed crossover to 80, moved sub a bit forward from the rear wall. Boominess was gone to big extent, and I could feel the punch from sub, however the overall music reproduction (clean and tight) was not very great. I believe my floor standers alone (Heco victa Prime 702) do a better job. After changing multiple songs within few minutes, I stopped testing stereo as I know what is missing (1) Subwoofer placement (2) Denon Audessey (3) Driver Breakin (may be)

5.1/Video experience: Started playing some Bluray rips. Very common scene which have been always referred while testing subwoofers. Saving private Ryan, Dark Knight, Avengers, Peral harbour and so on...

Now this is where this stole my heart...... Saving private Ryan the war scene, the bullet sound was so precise and it almost hit my chest, bomb explosions fantastic, machine gun shots fabulous.... none of my room window was rattling (khad khad khad sound) but I am feeling each bullet on my body....

Switched to another movie, the helicopter sound was excellent, the bikes/cars were just so lively that you feel it just passed next to you. Played few other action scene, and I must say all the regret I started in the stereo listening was just changed to extreme satisfaction.

At 12 o'clock volume position (50%), I can reach to the highest volume I can listen to in my apartment, So i would say the AMP is pretty powerful. However looks like the Driver doesn't move too much.

My Opinion: At this moment my satisfaction level is 10/10 for build, 7/10 for music and 9/10 for movies. I know this will change definitely after I have done more experiments and tweaks in my setup.

Last edited:
Hi Ajay

Thanks for the infos & insight. Since you are satisfied with its movie capability, do you think it's going below 25hz? it's strange their official website even mentioned it is 20-200hz!

Hi Ajay

Thanks for the infos & insight. Since you are satisfied with its movie capability, do you think it's going below 25hz? it's strange their official website even mentioned it is 20-200hz!

I cant say that. I have not run any test tone to confirm <25Hz. If you have any recommendation to test, please let me know. I can give a try.

Congrats on the purchase Ajay and thank yoi very much for the review. Your review was so simple and self explamatory that i got a feeling of getting real time audition. Thanks again and enjoy your weekend with the new sub :clapping::clapping:

Thats nicely written review. Congrats.
I guess after few days,it will reach next level.Comparison with those other subs will be interesting.

Last edited:
Hi...i am interested in buying this sub. Could you check this thread and confirm if this issue is absent from your unit.

xxxx://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41310

Subwoofer auto on/off: Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 - Badcaps Forums

Last edited:
Hi...i am interested in buying this sub. Could you check this thread and confirm if this issue is absent from your unit.

xxxx://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41310

Subwoofer auto on/off: Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 - Badcaps Forums

No, It goes to standby exactly after 5 minutes of inactivity or no signal from AVR, which is decent IMO. Today I played almost 2.5 hours continuously and Sub never went to standby due to no signal even though there were few quite scenes.
HTH

No, It goes to standby exactly after 5 minutes of inactivity or no signal from AVR, which is decent IMO. Today I played almost 2.5 hours continuously and Sub never went to standby due to no signal even though there were few quite scenes.
HTH

Thanks. Would you recommend it? Also any thoughts if this would be good for a dual setup? At the price of one SVS PB-1000 I am tempted.

I dont think it is going below 25Hz, have tested in some BR Rips..God of Egypts (DTS-X) today..Well it was a Rip of around 15GB file size...Yet to test more precisely, but it is missing the wow factor:mad:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back