TASCAM Cassette Decks

Jeevan007

Hi,

Forum members looking for new Cassette decks are in luck,provided they have deep pockets.. :lol:

Tascam is selling new Double and Combo (Cassette + CD) Cassette Decks and can be bought in India.

The Details are as follows:

This mail was sent to me, which read as follows:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the enquiry,

As per your mail, please find the price & availability below.:

1. CD-A550 - CD Player/Cassette Tape Deck - 40,152/-inclusive of VAT
2. CD-A750 - CD Player/Cassette Tape Deck with XLR I/O - 55,992/-inclusive
of VAT
3. 202MK5 - Double Cassette Tape Deck - 37,061/-inclusive of VAT

Please Note.: Currently CD-A550 & 202MK5 Stock is not readily available,
Confirm with 100% advance payment we will dispatch the material.
Delivery Period.: Immeditely.
Courier charges.: From your end.

Seller: E&E Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd., No 69, 5th Main, 3 A Cross, OMBR Layout Lalbahdur Nagar, B.Channasandra Chikkabanaswadi, Bangalore - 560043, India
Phone: +91 80-42083562 Fax: +91 90-42083562
E-mail: [email protected] Web:E & E Systems India (Pvt) Ltd

Regards,
Jeevan.

Seen them at all the Palm shows & always asked why the price is so high, to which no proper answer ever received :rolleyes:

Anyway, they are no more distributors of Tascam in India.

I have a bit of experience with the 202 mkii. Quite a reliable workhorse with good recording and playback capabilities. The only peeve I can remember about the model was that the transport mechanism was a tad too noisy than I would've preferred. The Indian price, unsurprisingly, seems quite high. However, it may be the best option out there for someone who listens largely or exclusively to cassettes and is in the market to buy a new player...

I have a bit of experience with the 202 mkii. Quite a reliable workhorse with good recording and playback capabilities. The only peeve I can remember about the model was that the transport mechanism was a tad too noisy than I would've preferred. The Indian price, unsurprisingly, seems quite high. However, it may be the best option out there for someone who listens largely or exclusively to cassettes and is in the market to buy a new player...

@GH,
I used to be a big tapehead once upon a time so very curious. Are there people who listen exclusively to tapes these days ? What would be the reason ? I can understand Lps. It pushes analogue playback to its limits and has its advantages. But tapes ??

I do know a few who listen largely to tapes, just because they have already built up a sizable collection of music in the cassette format. I would not be surprised terribly if there are people who use the format exclusively. Unfortnately, I was not lucky enough to own the Tascam, the usage was purely professional...

Hi,

i Love tape sound, and have few tapes...

Looking for a Nak Player or some nice professional Player, Yezdian has lot of tapes too and listens/preserves them as good as vinyl

Regards

Tanoj

But is a combo or a double deck advisable vis a vis dedicated single deck system?If not then why run for these products?

Here's my take on the TASCAM products. A combo is usually aimed at PA applications where as a stand-alone or dual cassette player is aimed at PA as well as live recording applications. Atleast that's what they were mainly used for till the digital-wave swept over everything. Ofcourse, I could be wrong though...

@GH,
I used to be a big tapehead once upon a time so very curious. Are there people who listen exclusively to tapes these days ? What would be the reason ? I can understand Lps. It pushes analogue playback to its limits and has its advantages. But tapes ??

for me it's twofold

One - I've a sizeable collection of cassettes. Listening to music on a Hard disk - there is no tangible aspect to it. It's like explaining why a dead tree book than its electronic version. It's just the feel and the sound that's more engaging, and something I'm more comfortable with.

Vinny,

I have about 600 cassettes, out of which about 350 - 400 are of excellent quality. This is the reason I have to have two running decks even today.

Regards.

This thread is about Tascam and seems like things are going OT, still thought I would put my 2 cents worth :p. I was listening to my overhauled Technics cassette tape deck after few weeks. The sound is just lovely.

A Technics from the 80's and an Akai from the 70's. Both are good yet different sounding. Music on HDD and CD sounds very cool. Listening to ost of 'Hero' on cassette tape gives me a 'analogue' happiness. Why?..probably it's a state of mind.

Last edited:
I listened to an old tape recently which a friend lent to me, it was a pirated cassette by Thompson tapes, brought from the Middle East in the 1980s, Side-A had HERO on it and Side-B had BOXER on it. Sounded very nice.

Has to be Thomsun. The quality of their recording and packaging were leagues ahead of what was available here in India at the time. I still have a bunch of those and some from another Indonesian company called Audio Mast who operated much like Thomsun. More than half the music that I enjoyed while growing up was through such companies...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back