TATA SKY HD - Weird issue. Please suggest.

subbu

I have been using Tata SKY HD since 2010. When I took connection I purchased setup box on my own and it run without any problem till about a month ago.

About a month back I observed, through HDMI port, Audio is not coming. But if I restart (power off/on) some time audio might come. Through SPDIF audio is coming always. I called Customer Care and they said, looks like Setup box has problem and they replaced with another (refurbished one).

Now it has different problem related to Power. When I power on the SETUP box, nothing will happen - no lights will glow, no picture, no sound. It will be as if you didn't power on. Again... this behaviour is not always. 4 out of 10 times it will be like that.

Again called them (this time with some frustration and escalations) and they again replaced with another one. Now this one run fine for one week, but again same problem related to power. This time once the power problem came, all 10 out of 10 times it is failing to work.

Wondering, is this how the quality of Setup boxes TataSKY replaces OR Am I the only so lucky person? (OR do you suspect any electric connection problems in my house? But my first setup run for 1 and half year and other electric equipment are working fine on same connections).

About to contact them again, if this is not going to work, I am thinking to swift to another DTH.

This is great forum and will be looking for your replies/suggestions.

Most of the time, replacements are refurbished/repaired boxes. Did you get a new box?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Yes, they replaced with another new one (may be refurbished one, but looks new and neat). Now the power issue is not there so far.

You are paying for their service so keep calling and asking for repair/replacement till its fixed.

Also, it pays to have an electrician check out for the usual suspects like earthing, any loose wiring, etc. just to ensure nothing on your end is "frying" the units.

I've had only one unit and one remote fail in all the years I've been using Tata Sky. Must admit their service is A+.

Wondering, is this how the quality of Setup boxes TataSKY replaces OR Am I the only so lucky person? (OR do you suspect any electric connection problems in my house? But my first setup run for 1 and half year and other electric equipment are working fine on same connections).

About to contact them again, if this is not going to work, I am thinking to swift to another DTH.

This is great forum and will be looking for your replies/suggestions.

This is exactly what happened with me few weeks back. The 4th replacement worked. I had to escalate and then they heard me. The service provider, to keep the SLA looking good, will just replace with another box which is available with them. They dont care if it works or not. And when you call TS back they will open a new ticket number. You should insist TS to work on one single ticket number.

Are they replacing the STB free of cost? or we have to pay something?

I believe that standard warranty is one year and after that we have to pay if STB fails

pls clarify

Mine is replaced after 1 and 1/2 year, so it is not under warranty. For replacing they will charge 250 rupees + Visit charges. But for Annual Mega Pack users they wouldn't charge Visit charges. I am on Mega pack.

Want to share my experience with this group - that Tata SKY is good DTH to consider in terms of Picture quality (especially HD) and Sound. But Everything looks perfect until you encounter any problem with STB box. When it comes, the promptness of customer care people is very fast. I feel it can be rated as 9 out of 10. And the quality of service is poor. I will rate it as 1 out of 10. it might not be the same in case of everyone, but it is how it was in my case. They have replaced 5 STB boxes in 3 weeks (because of installing fault boxes).

TS will in no way replace faulty STBs with brand new boxes. Otherwise they would have to charge much more than Rs. 250. They take away faulty boxes from customers, repair them at the factory and use them as replacements in case of faults with other customers.

Anybody faced failure of TS+HD boxes?

Will they replace it at 250+visit charges? for out of warranty boxes

I've been facing frequent freeze issues on TSHD+ box after I've started keeping the box on standby instead of switching it off.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back