Tata Sky Rates are INCREASED

deep_g

Tata Sky have raised their rates :

- Supreme Sports is 320 now from 300 earlier.
- Metro is 360 (340 earlier)
- Grand Sports 450 (430 earlier)
- Combo packs are also up by 20 rs or so.
- BIGGEST INCREASE is Annual Mega HD pack : now Rs 7000 from 6400 earlier.
- HD Access fee for 6/12 months are also up, in line with monthly rates.

I have been searching for an HD DTH connection since Hathway-StarSports tussle started. Needed to decide between TS and D2H. Now I think the choice is easier.

I purchased Airtel HD+ Megapack for Rs. 5600 a couple of days ago.

In it was included the HD+ STB (with two USB ports) and one years subscription to the HD Megapack which includes most of the usual channels..its has a total of 19 HD channels.

regards,
jawed, mumbai

Tatasky are ripping off customers off late. Well on the other side i totally agree they have set standards compared to other DTH.
But the way they have escalated the price doesn't justify it

They don't seem to be playing completely fair either...Mega pack was supposed to cover all new channels that got added during the subscription duration...but now they keep adding 'premium' channels and want us to pay extra for them :mad:

so which DTH operator everyone recommends??

I was using hathway but they are going to disconnect this month in our society and shifting to ICC Network which is way to pathetic..

so i m exploring the options :rolleyes:

i was thinking of TATA SKY HD

I purchased Airtel HD+ Megapack for Rs. 5600 a couple of days ago.

In it was included the HD+ STB (with two USB ports) and one years subscription to the HD Megapack which includes most of the usual channels..its has a total of 19 HD channels.

regards,
jawed, mumbai

The airtel website has only 18 HD channels, and the Mega pack has 17 of them. How are you getting 19 channels?

so which DTH operator everyone recommends??

I was using hathway but they are going to disconnect this month in our society and shifting to ICC Network which is way to pathetic..

so i m exploring the options :rolleyes:

i was thinking of TATA SKY HD

It's between Airtel and D2H now. TataSky has become unreasonably costly. I am also in the same dilemma - ADTV or D2H.

Go for D2h, i have both TS and D2h, D2h is cheaper and gives more HD channels at lower cost.

thanks deep_g and dushie for the suggestions..
let me compare TS and D2H side by side...
on the first look at website D2H looks cheaper.
Will update on what i decide :)

Go for D2h, i have both TS and D2h, D2h is cheaper and gives more HD channels at lower cost.

Thanks. But what about the quality? As you have both, can you please briefly summarize the two for HD/SD PQ?

Also, I see you have a F8500 plasma, I have one 51inch F5500. So I am furthermore interested in hearing your opinion - how does D2H look on the F8500?

Thanks. But what about the quality? As you have both, can you please briefly summarize the two for HD/SD PQ?

Also, I see you have a F8500 plasma, I have one 51inch F5500. So I am furthermore interested in hearing your opinion - how does D2H look on the F8500?

No issues at all, and no difference in PQ on HD be it TS or D2h i have seen both.

Well to much to write, i made couple of posts when i switched back in Jan,please go through the same below, hope it helps.

http://www.hifivision.com/digital-cable-dth/46482-videocon-d2h-initial-impressions-8.html#post561497

D2h still works out cheaper, Rs 176 for basic pack and another Rs 169 for HD Globe pack that has over 21 HD channels. Total Rs 345.
If you recharge online you get 3% extra. If you recharge 7 days before the expiry you get Rs 15 extra.

Overall pretty happy with the same.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back