TataSky HD - audio goes mute for a second randomly

VUK

Hi,

Last month, I got TataSky HD connection and using it with Panasonic Vierra TH-L24X5D LED 24 inches Full HD Television, over HDMI cable. I am facing a weird problem. Sometimes, the audio goes mute for a second or two. At first, I thought it to be cloud interference, but later noticed it on clear-sky days too. So, complained to TataSky. They changed the STB and HDMI cable. While this hasnt solved my first problem, it brought in another problem. The new problem is that, even though I select and save HDMI audio in sound settings, after switching it off and on again, it becomes SPDIF. That is, my audio settings are not saved across restarts.

I got the TV checked up by the Panasonic personnel, they say it is fine. TS folks have no clue as to why this problem might be occurring. They changed STB twice, but no luck. The original STB maker was Samsung; the replaced ones are from KaonMedia. Did anyone face such problems before? What could be the cause? Any suggestions for a resolution would be really helpful.

I observed the audio missing issue in Star Movies HD and Star Gold HD channels. It was happening on clear sky days as well. I think this problem started after adding Colors HD.

Regarding Audio Settings, in case of Tata Sky+ HD STB the STB displays SPDIF on reboot, but the previous setting is saved and audio comes through HDMI. Possibly in the menu by default it displays SPDIF regardless of the current setting.

Are you getting audio through HDMI?

@koushik: Unfortunately, no one in the neighborhood uses Tatasky. So, could not try out your suggestion :( If I play some program on TV using USB, no audio problem.

@HTuser: Yes, I am getting audio; not sure if that is HDMI or some other protocol. I have only HDMI cable connected to the TV. Did your missing audio problem get resolved?

Last edited:
If only HDMI cable is connected to TV, you are getting the audio through HDMI cable.

I didn't observe the audio missing issues for the last 2-3 days. It might have got resolved.

I too face a similar issue with Star movies HD..but i use videocon d2h.. so i am guesssing the problem is with the signal from satellite..

I see! I am not sure what I should be doing in this case. The problem persists at my end since many days :( Any suggestions?

The same problem occurred with me for 2 days and now it works flawlessly ... Even i get the message also mentioning that from date ---- to date ---- you may face some interruption while watching your favorite programmes due to upgradation . .

I get the same problem. Earlier I thought it was a problem with my AVR, but I zeroed in to TS HD+.
When did you upgrade and what is the version?

At first, I suspected TS HD. TS changed the STB and HDMI cable thrice, but no avail. So, I took TS HD STB to friend's house and checked with a different TV. It had no problem with that TV. So, I found that the problem was with TV. I contacted Panasonic TV folks regarding that; they upgraded the software. I don't remember the exact version number offhand. Previous one was built from March 2012 time frame; the current one is from Aug 2012 time frame. I will check the version number when I get back home and let you know.

I too did not have problems with AVR; it was muting only in HDMI mode. When Panasonic upgraded their software, the problem got resolved. The software version they upgraded to is - 2.17.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back